MP Tip Of The Sword coop 8

Version: 1.3

Change log:

1.3b

Beta Support

1.3a

Resolved issue with bad static objects

resolved task issue with the communications towers

Fixed 2 tasks and changed loadout to work with 0.58 :)

Changed from Norin to INS Revive

Added 1 Virtual Ammobox as mission start

Fixed Grenadier, Automatic rifleman, and Explosives expert and added silencers

http://fps1337.com/ARMA3/TipOfTheSword.jpg (266 kB)

Overview: This is a Special Forces mission to secure Kamino before an invasion.

Mission:

You are to Secure Kamino for a beach invasion

Situation:

You men are the tip of the sword. This is mission will determine the outcome of this campaign

Execution:

Clear the hill with the lighthouse and the Kamino base of operations

Disable the communications grid

On completion Exfitrate

- co8_TipOfTheSword.zip Version 1.3b [bETA]

Armaholic mirror:

- Tip Of The Sword Co-08 Ver 1.3b[bETA]

Edited by INVICTUS
Update Ver 1.3b AH link

This is a SF mission...

SF? Science Fiction? Probably not, huh? :)

Sorry, this is probably a dumb question, but I'm just a newbie. I've downloaded the mission (haven't tried it yet), but I don't have a clue "SF" means.

Thanks,

Bill

No worries, it is a special forces mission. :)

SF? Science Fiction? Probably not, huh? :)

Sorry, this is probably a dumb question, but I'm just a newbie. I've downloaded the mission (haven't tried it yet), but I don't have a clue "SF" means.

Thanks,

Bill

No worries, it is a special forces mission. :)

OK, that makes more sense. :)

Thanks. I still haven't had time to try the mission, but I will. (And I'll switch to the latest version.)

Bill

OK, we gave this a try - just two newbies, so take this with a grain of salt. :)

This was very similar to another mission I've played a few times (not your fault, I know), but in this one, the AI apparently respawn when killed. But I don't know where they respawn, because they ended up strung out across the map. Frankly, it was very confusing, and I'd recommend not respawning AI at all.

Also, there weren't any convenient vehicles (which is always a nice addition to a mission, if you have to travel and there's no real reason otherwise). But even more important, there weren't any convenient explosives, even though we had to take out communication towers. There were ammo crates, but that's all we could find. It's just a lot more fun when you can find explosives where you need them!

Finally, we couldn't get some of the tasks to complete. The first, landing at the beach, wasn't a big deal. But after blowing up the communication tower at the Kamino firing range, that task still stayed unfinished. We didn't get the last task completed at all, because we didn't have enough explosives (so we just quit then). We tried using rockets, but without much success.

I don't mean to seem overly critical. If you just add some handy explosives and stop the AI from respawning, that would make a big difference. It is a lot like other missions, but Stratis is a small island, isn't it? :)

Thanks,

Bill

Thanks for the feedback Bill. The AI don't respawn they are reinforcements called when you complete any of the objectives, they are on the map from the get go. They can attack from their respective positions using the the best cover possible. The riflemen class all have 2 satchel charges. If you play with the AI team mates you can open there bags to get more when needed. Try playing it backwards with destroying the relay tower first then moving to the other objectives as this would isolate the OPFOR to use short wave radio. I would be willing to host this on my dedicated server if anyone was interested in playing a round or so.

Edited by INVICTUS

The AI don't respawn they are reinforcements called when you complete any of the objectives, they are on the map from the get go.

OK. I just didn't have a clue what was going on. We seemed to have people scattered across the map, and it was harder to manage any of them than normal. (And I'm pretty bad at managing them in any case!)

If you play with the AI team mates you can open their bags to get more when needed. Try playing it backwards with destroying the relay tower first then moving to the other objectives as this would isolate the OPFOR to use short wave radio.

Playing it backwards would have worked better, I'm sure. The problem with getting explosives from the AI is that they're usually dead by the time we get where we need them. :) I don't know. Maybe it's just me, but convenience factors really help in a mission. It's simply annoying to need explosives and not have them, and if you've got crates of ammo lying around, why not a convenient crate with explosives, too?

What about the task not completing when we blew up the tower at the Kamino firing range? Was there something else we were supposed to do there to destroy communications?

Thanks,

Bill

The AI team members die and they do respawn at base. I generally play with AI disabled, they seem to get in my way. The Kamino task is fired off by game logic and 1 out of 4 times I have to use 2 satchel charges planted on the 2 markers that show where to plant them on the map (the tower is still alive for what ever reason, I think it's a bug, I will try to debug that part). I will see if I can figure out a supply drop for an ammo crate called by a radio command.

Thanks,

Nate

Since 0.58 I have had to change two tasks to destroy the communications network. They are now working correctly. Please use the 1.3 version.

Nate

Hey! This was one of the best missions I have seen for Arma 3 hands down :). However, if you dont mind me asking, how did you get the respawns to spawn next to your coop partner? To my knowledge you could only do instant or Group/team respawns? Any help would be great, thanks.

OK, we tried this again, and it went much better this time. We had five guys, instead of just two, and we disabled the friendly AI. The tasks cleared OK, apparently. (I couldn't see the tasks, myself, maybe because I had to close Arma 3 and start it up again?)

The only issue we had - and that's a minor one - is that the mission didn't end. We got to the extraction point, and even took the boat out, but we couldn't get a conclusion.

Still, it was a lot of fun. Thanks!

Bill