Sign in to follow this  
Ziegnod

Ideas for better controller support

Please flame or troll elsewhere I will not respond to it, even if others will.

I have no problem with mouse and keyboard, but i prefer the controller since it feels more fluid to me.

Obviously i do not think this issue takes precedence over the main form of control the keyboard, and I would like Bohemia to make sure the game is solid and the control for the keyboard is flawless first.

As such Ive read several threads on different sites even, on ways to get the most out of buttons using programs like xpadder.

One thing that comes up time and time again is that there is no way to map all of the commands onto a controller, and I actually use to agree.

Thinking about it however I was reminded of several console versions of RTS games such as supreme commander on the xbox, and the command wheels they have, they are simple yet very effective and add a lot of functionality to a limited control scheme.

By combining the D-pad with the right analog stick you would effectively have anywhere from 4-8 radial menus (if you use diagonals) that could be navigated quickly and effectively

This would allow for squad control with one or two of the menus, weapon and gear selection with another, and anything else I'm not thinking of on the others.

Contextual commands would allow for more space saving as well, i mean there is no reason vault over shouldn't be contextual in the first place anyway.

It would be nice if there would be more controller support I mean the worst thing that could happen for Bohemia is that they sell more copies after all.

In the off chance a developer reads this I hope you take my idea under consideration.