Sign in to follow this  
thelastnoc

Counter Operative Mission - How to set a different Respawn Type for Opfor?

Hello guys,

while i was creating a Coop-Mission, i thought about editing the Mission to a Counter Operative (Counter-OPs) Mission. Similar to the Coop-Mission, where a ~5 Man Blufor-Team attack a Opfor Base and do some Objectives, other Player can join the Server and play as Opfor and defend the Base.

At the moment i can't do it, because i want different Respawn types for the Teams. The Blufor can spawn at an Outpost Base (respawn_west) with Vehicles and a Weaponbox, while the Opfor Team got only the Option to respawn as an Playable Opfor soldier so the Opfor side will get a decreasing number of Slots during the Mission. (like the Respawn Type "5" or "SIDE" - Respawn into an AI unit on your side (if there's no AI left, you'll become a seagull).

A dead Opfor spawns at the moment in the Sea - far away from the Battlefield. So it's bothering to disconnect and select a new Slot.

I thought while i figure out how i can solve this, i ask some of the experienced Mission editor / scripter.

I have never done this, but the first thing that came to me was to leave respawn "SIDE" and then to make sure you always have at least one BLUFOR AI unit at their base perhaps through triggers, a respawn or killed event handler, or a script loop monitoring the number of alive BLUFOR players. So the effect is BLUFOR will always have a unit to spawn into (simulating base respawn) but OPFOR will not.

Edited by Loyalguard
script loop option