Sign in to follow this  
meldorqc

Help request on basic script

Hello all,

I have been reading a couple tutorial about basic scripting in arma but I have a hard time figuring how to translate it in what I want to do. Maybe some of you could help me.

To resume: I want to spawn a unit at the beginning of my mission in one of the two locations I have set. this unit is attached to a waypoint and a trigger.

in my init file I would like to use a global variable that random between 1 & 2, depending of the result it SetPos to the unit, the waypoint and the trigger.

Thanks

Edited by meldorqc

If you just want the unit to appear at one of two places simply group the unit with a marker. That way the unit will spawn either where placed or where the marker was placed.

problem is I need my trigger to follow and so the waypoint that is link to the trigger.

So you want the unit to spawn in one of two locations and depending on which starting location go to a different waypoint/trigger ending location? So basically you'll have Unit A going to Spot A/Trigger A _or_ Unit B going to Spot B/Trigger B?

Same pathing but the trigger tell this unit to start moving after x amount of time and the first waypoint need to be close to the unit so that he doesn't go out of the building until the trigger fire off.

So I would like to move the trigger to a marker as well as the waypoint whenever it random one place of the other

Well, the trigger can be anywhere, and you can move the waypoint to the unit's location in it's init. I'll come up with a little demo in a bit here.

my trigger does a count down of 10 mins after my players aboard an assault boat.

Not exactly sure how I can place it anywhere as of right now it's set like this as condition(this && boat_aboard) this= opfor present within the building

here is my first mission so maybe it give you a good idea of what I want to be done: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?152670-Co04-amp-Solo-Black-Sheep&p=2367667#post2367667

Edited by meldorqc