Sign in to follow this  
NicotinKickballovich

Vehicle collision damage needs some tweaking/fixing.

Hey there, I haven't noticed any other threads regarding vehicle collisions, so figured I might make one. I noticed that at the moment the way how collision works is if you bump into anything, even lightly you'll sustain damage that can vary from little to even death. Now I understand if you run into a wall, tree or a huge rock at full speed you're most likely to splatter your brains against the windshield or so, but when small bumps, that would hardly make you flinch in real life wouldn't cause life threatening injuries, yet in the alpha they do, plus are capable of wrecking/blowing up your vehicle into pieces. Yesterday alone I drove an ATV and there was a bucket in my way, of course I hit the brakes and even at 10-20kmph I died and had the ATV explode when I was at full health and the ATV itself was all white health wise. And today I drove a hunter into an ATV at full speed just to see it fly (Was fooling around) And then it happened again, I died and the hunter nearly exploded. It's like hitting a car with a train, the train itself will barely have any damage, while the car flies away or gets crushed.

It would be nice if you (The developers) would look into this and also tweak the vehicle vs static, yet physical objects that would naturally fly or get crushed away. Buckets and such is a pretty annoying thing to die from ya know hahah. Before the patches it seemed to work quite well, could crash into lighter vehicles/objects and they would act the proper way, but now they just won't and will end up having you die most of the time.