Sign in to follow this  
RecondoLRRP

random hostage mission

OK I am somewhat new to editing and this is my first post so please bear with me. Thanks

I have a mission where a POW is spawned from one of several possible locations by grouping several markers to a unit (in my mission, there's a main objective and if you find the intel, you will see his location marked on your map). I've initialized him to be this setCaptive true.

Now I'd like to set it up so that once he is taken out of the 2x5 area where he is located, setCaptive would be set to false and opfor would be able to kill him. But I have several possible locations all over the map. If I had set the trigger to check if he wasn't present in one location, maybe it was because he left that area but maybe it is because he was never there to begin with! He was spawned somewhere else. So how would I solve this problem?

You can setPos a trigger as any other object in the editor. Give the trigger a name like "hostagecheck" - but don't mix text with name fields (happens to me sometime) and in your init.sqf then move the trigger to the captive position after some delay:

sleep 1;
hostagecheck setPos getPos hostage1;

hostage1 would be the name of your hostage.

I was thinking of another idea. Instead of a not present trigger in the 2x5 box of the POW, I would put 4 rectangular present triggers surrounding each 2x5 location. Once he enters the present trigger, that would setCaptive to false. I'm going to see if I can get any idea to work...

Update: my idea worked! I just had to group all the triggers to the original POW

Edited by RecondoLRRP