Sign in to follow this  
barret

Real DAMAGE!!

Last night i was playin online on sum sniper ctf, all of a sudden i shoot some guy in the head, and he runs off into a house with blood all over his legs, and not his head, i know it didn't miss cause everyone said nice shot and stuff like that. So maybe fixin stuff like that and addin "REALISTIC" bullet holes in tanks, and maybe even some shrapnel! most people never think of it, but itz a nice idea

Its obvious.

The best we can get from the units is flat tires, and 3D warping when the Unit is destroyed.

If they could make an ever-so-tiny, 3D warp of the unit model in reaction to shell hits, and yes, maybe small bullets, that would be the road to sucess.

But what do we all want? Geo-Mod ... not likely... Most things that expand detail beyond what OPF is now, require a total engine overhaul + new physics concepts or whatever.

Yea it all has to do with the engine overall it is very good because it can incorperate flying, driving, shooting, and explosions but little details like bullet holes in walls would be hard to do.

And I feel it would be a waste of time because it wouldn't look that realistic. For example have you ever shot the groung? If you shot the groung in real life it would look like nothing except maybe a tiny little hole no a big bullet wound. So is they made bullet holes in walls it would most likely look like that.

well...if you think about it, few games offer this many damage areas as ofp.

how many games you seen where cars can get flat tires, or tanks get the turret taken out while still being able to move...etc etc

id like to see more detail too, but ofp as it is now is already pretty unique.

Why not fix all the important stuff the game should have before we addon the little extra's here and there.

E.g... a REAL netcode would help the game.

The s**t happeneds.....in swat 3 I shot a guy in the head and the bullet hole was in his ass....

lol, well the game swat, it has realistic gun spreads, ull almost never see a perfect shot with a battle rifle ne ways, and u never specified if he was movin or not.