Sign in to follow this  
bobby budnick

Trying to add GAU8 to hunter or any other vehicle not working through scripts or mods

This code is not working to add the A-10's GAU-8 cannon to a soldier or vehicle. There are no errors in arma.rpt. It works in Arma 2. The cannon when mounted to the A-10 does work in Arma 3.

removeAllWeapons this;
this addMagazine "1350Rnd_30mmAP_A10";
this addWeapon "GAU8";
this selectWeapon "GAU8"

I then tried to edit the soft_f.pbo and specifically the hunter HMG's weapon and replaced it with "GAU8". Then I replaced the magazines with "1350Rnd_30mmAP_A10". Now the textures do not load, it's icon does not show up in the editor, and I see "maingun not found while initializing the model..." in the arma.rpt.

Every fun thing I have tried so far has been a no-go. Help me with this, Arma 3 is incredibly boring right now.

Are you sure the GAU-8 even exists in ArmA at this point in time? A lot of the A2 weapon classes and magazines have not made it across.

Fairly odd, if the cannon works on the A10, then it stands to reason it should just be a case of add weapon remove weapon as you've done. There may be something more underlying in the way vehicles are set up now with respect to the weapons. Have you browsed through the config to see if the weapons are references elsewhere, in some sort of animation, initialisation or the whatnot?

I got this to work using the mod method. The problem was that cpbo does not seem to add in a "prefix" to the pbo when you pbo it back up. But BinPBO does add the "prefix". It was not correct though, and I had to change it to "a3\soft_f" using the program PBOmanager for everything to work right. This method works fine now.