Sign in to follow this  
ravenmorpheus

Need some advice on frame rates.

Hello

I'd like some advice on improving frame rates for this game on my PC (if possible).

My PC specs are -

CPU - AMD Phenom x4 955 BE @3.2ghz

GPU - Sapphire Radeon HD 5870 1GB

RAM - 8GB 1333mhz DDR3

Mobo - Gigabyte GA-880GM-USB3

HDD - 1TB Samsung (not sure of the exact name/details, it's a 5400rpm drive though).

Here's my graphics settings that I've managed to tweak so far using the info I've read in the threads around here -

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/8579/takeonh2013031123484827.jpg (106 kB)

On the Seattle benchmark I get an average of 27 fps, a low of 18 fps and a high of 85 fps (that high occurs on the part where it first goes out to see in Elliot Bay, looking at water).

Is there anything I can do (apart from reducing settings and/or buying a new PC) to improve the framerate or am I bottlenecked by my now rather ancient CPU and I'm pretty much stuck with the frame rate I get already?

Many thanks in advance.

Edited by RavenMorpheus

There is a sticky thread you should use when suffering from low performance: Low CPU utilization & Low FPS

It's really not necessary that everyone with performance problems creates a new thread. ;)

§7) Search before posting

If you have a question, please use the forum search function before posting to make sure that it hasn't been answered before. There is a big chance it has, not only does searching help to keep the forum free of multiple threads it will also help you to get an answer much quicker. search does not work atm but checking stickies before posting is a good start!

§8) Post in the right forum & right thread

Please ensure you make new threads in the correct forum, if you're unsure of which forum to post in feel free to ask a moderator. If a thread exists for the topic you wish to post about you must use it, for example all ACE questions belong in the ACE thread. All addon/mod questions belong in the thread for that addon/mod. In the case of DayZ discussions they should be posted on the DayZ forums, this includes problems with the Modification. The troubleshooting forum is not for problems with Addons and Mods!

Forum rules