Sign in to follow this  
sygardner

Accused of hacking & cheating!? Yet I have no idea why, no server loads, please help

Can someone help me the hell out please. I'm getting banned from servers for being accused of cheating or hacking suddenly today. I can't even load the servers to get in the game at all today so I don't know what the hell people are on about. Basically I started arma 3 up 20 minutes ago, and every server I tried to go on wouldn't let me go past the player assignment screen, instead it just listed parameters, no matter what server I went on it did the same. Then I got banned from one because they thought I was trying to cheat. I haven't done ANYTHING, I don't have a clue what has happened but this is unfair because I'm getting accused of something that I don't even have a clue how to do. Can someone maybe explain what the hell has happened to my game?

I keep trying to go on any server, and basically it goes to the player assignment screen, where you'd normally select your side etc, instead it is just blank, with a parameters option at the top. If I attempt to press okay it loads the mission file but then when it loads up I basically can't move and I can just see the game from a high up view, and then I think that's when it messes the game up for others, whereby they then accuse me of cheating. I am getting extremely frustrated because the people on the servers won't give me chance to explain that I don't know what is happening.

Please can someone help, thanks

Sy

P.S: The game has been working fine in a server sense since launch, bar the regular crashes every 10-30 minutes on every server

go on steam, right click the game, properties, local files and verify integrity.

perhaps some file is damaged.

I am having this problem too, but only since today, I am using the development builds however so could this be my problem? Also happens when in editor, I start it up, press preview and I cant see anything except the arma 3 watermark in the bottom right.

I changed it from the development build to normal in steam and it worked thankfully :)

If you go with the latest development build on a server still using the old build you get the lobby problems and a msg appears that you are connecting with modified data.

That's probably why the banned you, their mistake if it was for this message.