Sign in to follow this  
Kaelnor

Editor map precision

Hi there, I'm opening this thread to report some kind of "bug" concerning the editor map, I don't know if I chose the right section for this btw. I noticed that several places were bad translated between the real 3D map and the editor map. For example, building limits are not not really where they seems to be. It can really be annoying when trying to add AI to navigate inside buildings or on roofs. I know this is not a major issue but i wanted to report it anyway just in case.

Is anyone else noticing the same discrepency between both maps ?

Yeah, got many problems with it. Hope they can improve it more so it can be more exactly, don't know how much work it is in it though

Buildings are kind of a thing on it's own in both Arma 2 and Arma 3. Placing them ontop of buildings does not work as they do not automatically take proper building positions, and even buildingPos is extremely weird and has extremely weird placements. So yeah it's pretty much a pain to work with buildings, and changes would definitely be welcome. Try the Feedback Tracker for that suggestion aswell.

tryteyker, you can use the "Elevation" in the units field to set the hight of the soldiers now if you want them on buildings and so now ;)