Sign in to follow this  
Cyper

Aiming and weaponhandling

Well,

I haven't bought the beta due to the fact that I never buy digital verisons of games - physical copies only.

From what I have seen in gameplay though, the aiming seems a little bit more twitchy than before, even with deadzone on. Maybe a little bit to twitchy. Or is it due to mousespeed? Or is it actually a huge difference from arma 2?

I always play with deadzone in arma 2. Turning it up sligthly does in my opinion gives a far more realistic feel than when it is zeroed. Movements become less twitchy and more fluid.

Because in my opinion it looks a little bit twitchy. It would be interesting to hear feedback on the aiming itself and the overall weaponhandling. Because a solid weaponhandling is indeed very important.

There reason why I brought this up was after watching this video at:

03:05

In general, what do you people think about recoil and sounds? Does weapons have a good feeling of weight?

Please give your input on the issue.

From what I have seen in gameplay though, the aiming seems a little bit more twitchy than before, even with deadzone on. Maybe a little bit to twitchy. Or is it due to mousespeed? Or is it actually a huge difference from arma 2?
It's been reported as far back as E3 last year that Arma 3 aiming was noticably more responsive (call it "twitchier" if you want) than Arma 2's, and I believe it was Vespa who announced that mouse acceleration and smoothing were "fps standard"... but then again, that was because the convention builds had aiming deadzone turned off (because Jay Crowe doesn't use it) whereas your time point is right after the narrator of the video goes "AWW YEAH they do still have it!... YEAH SWEET!" :D

I imagine that the speed of weapon movement with aiming deadzone enabled is subject to tweaking though, Vespa has already said that sprinting in particular would be slowed down. Still, it's interesting because while it was announced months ago that aiming deadzone would still be in, this public alpha release is the first time we're seeing what aiming deadzone is like in Arma 3. (The reason we didn't see it in Dyslecxi's video is simple -- he has a decidedly negative view of aiming deadzone.)