Sign in to follow this  
Corsair

CPU and GPU usage

Hi everyone;

First i would like to say that i'm very surprised about ArmA III alpha, it runs very great (almost like ArmA II does) and there are a lot of nice features;

My FPS go from 30 to 60, with an average of 40/50 fps in game; my settings are a mix between High and Very High.

My rig:

CPU → i5 2500k OC'ed at 4.3GHz

GPU → ASUS EN580GTX DC2

Mobo → ASUS P67 Sabertooth

RAM → Corsair Vengeance 2*4Go

PSU → LEPA G700W

Case → Corsair Obsidian 650D

OS → Win 7 Home premium

Second great surprise, ArmA III uses my all 4 cores, but only at 50% (almost always between 45 and 55, no drop or peak); but my GPU is more weirdly solicited.

Per example in the ZIL Punisher (the weird Iranian car) as gunner i get around 30 fps with the PiP screen in front of me, GPU usage ~50%; in zoomed mode (numpad 0) my GPU is used at 99% and I get slightly better fps (+10)..

I tried to modify some settings but nothing change;

→ AA (no change at all between off and 8x)

→ Anisotropic (same)

→ PiP setting (same fps between Low and Ultra, maybe a 1 fps difference).

Also, when I get out of the vehicle and when i look at the forest my GPU has also a 99% peak.

I find these weird because on some french forums people complain about low GPU but hi CPU usage (not with all cores though).

I would like to know if some people are experiencing the same uneffectiveness of changing some parameters, and compare their GPU/CPU usage.

Thanks a lot, have a good night

Corsair

Edited by Corsair