Sign in to follow this  
giskard

Bad vehicle type.

Hello.

Yesterday i had vehicles respawning on command, everything worked just fine. Today the M1A1, Shulka, Ch47 and T55 refuse to respawn giving a bad vehicle type error when i try and make them.

Whilst all this is happening the M60 and several other vehicles are respawning.

In fact just this morning the M1a1 was respawning too.

Since I placed all items required to get CTf working on my map I have started having problems.

Does anybody know whats wrong here or has a fix because its driving me nuts. My idea for CTF depends on the vehicles all respawning.

Another problem, id like that to respawn with a full crew in some cases too. Any ideas on how i might do that ?

BTW im using the resistance pack and the only addon i installed was the officals flags pack. Which i didnt use anyway so i move the flags.pbo out of the addons directory 5 mins ago incase that was the cause of the problems. It didnt help.

All errors appear in the editor's preview, i have not tested it on a server yet but i do have a mission that uses respawning vehicles which was tested and working yesterday. In the editor i no long respawns the vehicles, it just gives the bad vehicle type message and they vanish.

Edit: I just tested on a server using a mission I know was working and even that now has this error.

Giskard

stoopid question probably, but have u defined a game-logic Server 'object' for the respawn script to check against?

The script i used required a object name eg the vehicles real name in the game and my name for it. So thats all i used. I have not set up any gamelogic stuff my self, I have just been using the vehicles own init fields to do the work.

I just uninstalled and deleted the entire ofp folder and reinstalled and Im still getting the error on both missions. The first worked perfectly until yesterday.

The second worked fine until yesterday too then half the vehicles stopped respawning.

Why some will respawn and others wont is beyond me. I have 4 M60's respawning on command, a group fo T80's and T72s respawning. An apache respawning, but the M1a1, T55, Ch47 and Shulka are causing this error.

It has me stumped.

Giskard

I added a game logic object with a name of server.

Im still getting the same error.

Im not exactly familar with game logic stuff though.

But you have given me something to look into, thanks for that.

Giskard