Sign in to follow this  
bighodge

Addon management in ofpr seems woeful

I thought one of the things that was supposed to have improved in Resistance was addon management - doesn't look that was to me sad.gif

I've been using the same install of Flashpoint since about 3 weeks after the original was released in the shops.  Since then it's had numerous patches (up to 1.46 ), Red Hammer, about 8 new islands, 18 user campaigns and over 400 Mb of addons thown at it and it's been stable as a rock - I was well impressed.

Finally got a hold of Resistance today and installed it.  Two minutes into the cutscene and the screen went to black and the PC locked.  Rebooted and started OFRr again and got a "unable to memory map resistance.pbo" message.  Swore.

Had a look through Avonladys FAQ and found the problem was possibly related to all the addons so I deleted a shedload.  Tried OFPr again and it locked up a bit further into the cutscene.  Deleted more addons and this next time I managed to get to the first mission and went for a bus ride ... then it crashed again. Booo!

I'll probably have to do a reinstall from scratch but does anyone know what addons should be present in a clean install of OFPr (then I can delete everying else)

Cheers, bighodge