Sign in to follow this  
IBABYGIRAFFE

Arma 2 CO multiplayer not working

Hi, my physical copy of Arma 2 has been having some problems, so this might take a while. Last year, I bought Arma 2: CO in hopes of playing DayZ. I installed everything fine, I played some in editor, and then went on to multiplayer. Well, in both my Arma 2: CO and Arma 2 disc couldn't play multiplayer. The servers were all red. I installed DayZ, couldn't play it. So I uninstalled, then reinstalled, still the same thing. After reinstalling many times and downloading countless patches, it still didn't work. Eventually, my Arma 2 copy started working, so I tried the CO and it still didn't work. I uninstalled both and I lost the Arma 2 multiplayer again, and DayZ still didn't work. Eventually it wouldn't even run CO, it was just OA seperate from Arma 2. Please someone help me, I can't find a single fourm or Youtube video on how to fix this

Make sure you're patching your game. I believe the physical DVDs are 1.50? You'll need to patch to 1.60 then to 1.62 to get current. You could also just load the beta but that might not be the best idea.

Hello, here are the steps I would recommend you take in-order to remove and fully install ARMA 2: Combined Operations.

Removal

1. Uninstall ARMA 2: Combined Operations via the control panel or executable file found within the root folder.

1a. Remove all related folders found within My Programs, if they still exist.

2. Remove configuration and profile files located within your Documents folder.

Installation

1. Install the files in this order.

• ARMA 2
  • ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead
  • Private Millitary Company [Optional]
  • British Armed Forces [Optional]
  • Army of the Czech Republic [Optional]

2. Patch your game files with the 1.60 and 1.62 updates in that order (Combined Operations/Operation Arrowhead only).

2a. Install the Army of the Czech Republic (ACR) lite patch if you have not paid for the full DLC from the BIStore.

3. As an addition I recommend that you download SIX Updater or PlaywithSix (newer but personally untested) for easy addon installation and updates, including DayZ.

4. To avoid any complications it is recommended you run your game as administrator. To do this right click the executable (.exe) file, select Properties > Compatability and tick Always run as administrator.

This should cover pretty much everything and will hopefully help others in a similar position, if you have problems with your serial key please see the related threads in this section of the forum.

- Moose.

Edited by MissileMoose

Will I need to download the updates? If so which ones?

---------- Post added at 20:40 ---------- Previous post was at 20:30 ----------

I meant that will Arma 2 need any updaes? I still can't play it and the most recent update is 1.11 and that will turn all the servers green but gets me kicked when I join a server

If you are running Combined Operations you shall need patches 1.60 and 1.62 only. Patch 1.11 is required only for standalone ARMA 2. Please ensure that you are correctly launching Combined Operations, either via an arma2co.exe or launcher (I recommend this if you do not use the SIX variants listed in my first post).

If you are still unsure, you could private message me with details to start a TeamViewer session where I will walk you through it. :)

I don't think you understood what I was saying. I meant that Arma 2, not CO wasn't working with multiplayer and I wanted to know if there was a update for Arma 2, not Arma 2: CO

---------- Post added at 22:46 ---------- Previous post was at 22:28 ----------

Never mind the 1.60 update updates Arma 2 aswell. So far it's going good...