Sign in to follow this  
tay-uk

Multiplayer task solution ?

I think what is needed is a multiplayer task module that does all the updating of taskstate for JIP players, as far as I can tell unless your a scripting genius you have no way of doing it properly. Many have tried and done well, but still there are JIP issues for most casual mission makers. I have no Idea how it might work, so long as it does :)

1. It would need to make sure any JIP player gets a new task that may have already been assigned but not yet completed.

2. It will need to update any task to a JIP player that has been completed. So they arn't running round trying to complete a task thats already been done.

3. Needs to update markers that may have moved or been deleted since mission began.

4. This would need to work whether the tasks were created via the breifing or via triggers or scripts during the mission.

Thats it, Not so much to ask is it for you experts? :)

I am aware that the game is basiclly built for the community to script these solution, but I am sure I am not the only one that thinks this issue is still an issue after all these years. I just think its about time this was solved by the devs once and for all. The frustration of making a mission that doesnt work properly purely because of this issue is unbelievable, it tends to stop you in your tracks.

I hope this gets heard, thanks.

Thanks for the pointer Dan, but after testing it, the same mission just kept coming up, then saying completed and then coming up again, (I eventually had the same mission 7 times) so somethings not working right. For your info I was hosting a server and I was the only one in it. I had made no changes at all.

See what I mean, ;)