Sign in to follow this  
shinkicker

Does Arma OA have an addon or load order / conflict issues for multiple instances?

Hello All,

I am relatively new to arma (a DayZ convert) and I have one particular Addon used in a mission which is persistently giving me "You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.xxxxx', even though its sitting right there with others that have no problem. This particular addon loads and is present for the editor (so its not a corrupted PBO). It is also in the same @mod_folder as the others I have which are happy to get on with the job. I have also seen others intermittently behave like this before as well.

At present I now have multiple repeat instances of the same addons in every AddOn folder I could find. Is there a load order (conflicts?) I should be aware of between all the different Addon folders? Is there a local cache / temp folder I should clean out?

Thanks,

sk

Just a quick thought, it can happen when dealing with missions that perhaps the mission saved with an "addon dependency". This dependency and all the others are listed at the top of the mission.sqm. And is often readily identifiable, and can be removed manually via a text editor. There is no magic beyond the standard practice of copying your @_thismod folder to your root install directory. Any practice outside of that is ill advised, or very special in nature.

Having said that, it is also possible to have issues with configs, that is affected by load order. However without more specific information regarding your current dilemma, I'd say thats a bridge to far at the moment.