Sign in to follow this  
Sonarfin

Just played the PC demo and...

Hi - loved the demo, it crashed 3 times in 2 hrs, but generally a good experience after waiting a while since the original game came out :)

I have some questions/feedback.

I read in the forum that a future patch will correct the pathway algorithms for the walrus's, thankfully (got bored waiting for them to figure out how to get to a waypoint!). Especially the repair walrus which at one point ended up stuck on a beach with no way off! All the others managed to get to the way-point but not that walrus.

Any chance you can improve the UI in the map screen as follows?

- make way-points work better by making it default that left click ADDs to a path, not is the paths end point. You could then DOUBLE click to clear the last point/s. More intuitive path-setting I think.

- map zooming is annoying the zoom steps are TOO LARGE and should be smaller, or at least allow shift-zoom for finer steps, something at least. I guess this was done for consoles ( why do game developers DO that? Oh yeah... money <slaps-head/>)

- There seems to be an issue with giving way-points to last-used-units but then having to enable them to move - dont know why we have to do that... I tried to group select walrus's and issue a way-point only to see one of them stay behind cos I had piloted it previously. Seems odd.

- Why cant I tell the repair walrus to repair units? especially aircraft?

- why does 'Doc' make aircraft fly over enemy strongholds and get shot down? is this part of the pathfinding patch? Surely aircraft should avoid dangers when returning to the carrier?

Anyway - great version of the game - awesome graphics :) a few UI and game-play tweaks required but well done so far! I might actually buy this game - once its patched up proper like.