Sign in to follow this  
weirdo10o4

(solved) - veh = vehicle player - command broken - overwriting commands

This is peculiar enough for me to document.. (I didn't find anything about this via search.)

You can apparently overwrite commands.. I was about to post what's written below, but then I realized I had accidentally written VEHICLE = "SometypeofCar" in the init file (it used to be vehicle_1)... removing that fixed it for me, I didn't think it was possible to do this or that a mistake like this would affect the mission editor as well. The fact that it afflicted the editor itself threw me off quite badly. Lol.

I shouldn't edit when I'm tired.

I get an error when using the vehicle command in the trigger on act. field, and it doesn't seem to work in my script either.. o_O

Condition:
true

(I tried using 'this' and a radio call.)

Tried (on activation):

veh = vehicle player

[indent]Error Missing ;[/indent]

Actual On Act field

_s = [] execVM "helper.sqf"

Script

hint"Test";
veh = vehicle player;
hint format["%1",veh];
hint"Test2";

/*
hint"Test";
veh = vehicle player;
hint"Test2";
*/

The first "Test" hint shows up, but the other two do not. Not even if you remove the formatted hint. I also tried brackets. I've been in and out of vehicles while testing.

Bohemia wiki:

Object = vehicle unitName
-- vehicle player != player --

It didn't help trying the player's unit name either. Or taking it as an argument into the script... Either there is something seriously wrong or I'm hilariously tired.. but this has been troubling me since yesterday.

Use veh locally, used _veh rather than veh, something may be overwriting it.