Sign in to follow this  
Albert Schweitzer

Soldier of fortune ii analysis

i once posted on this forum asking what would be good no-brainer shooting game is, and got SOF2 as answer. so i went ahead and got the demo. yes, even demo didn't last long in my harddrive. tounge.gif

so bak to OFP.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ June 25 2002,12:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Now I know why this forum feels so empty

BRING HIM BACK OR I WILL TAKE HOSTAGES IN OTHER FORUMS (FORI) "  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I would like to be a hostage

I got the demo, all though, why dont i see blood?Or see arms fly off when i shoot them?I kinda like the demo, all though, i didnt like the enviroments. confused.gif

the only game(demo actually) ive enjoyed lately, besides ofp, is the global ops demo. I guess its kinda like counter strike, but the guns look amazing, and the balistics are awesome. ie, certian caliber guns can go through certian types of walls.

For example, once, i had my m249 saw, and i was hiding in a room, when i heard the footsteps of an enemy in the next room, i turned around and blasted the hell out of the wall, then i went to see if i killed him, and sure enough, a nice bloody body was laying on the floor. smile.gif

I just finished SOF2 last night, I figured I get it over with before OFPR comes out. biggrin.gif I thought it was pretty fun while it lasted (3 days), but once you've played it, its over. You can't really compare it with OFP, it's just a different type of game.

The gore is absolutely stunning. The head alone has like 9 different areas that react differently when you shoot at it. Jaw comes loose. Pieces of skull fall off exposing the brain. Brain is blown out. Head comes off completely while blood keeps squirting out in tune with the still beating heart...and the gurgling death sounds are bone chilling...I was amazed, thrilled and disturbed all at the same time.

Weapons are better than SOF1 but are still pretty lame sounding. AI was actually not bad at all. Reminded me a little of the AI in MOHAA. As long as you don't play it on the easiest level the AI is really good.

There you have it: Fun game but short lived. Here I am, back to OFP in less than a week.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lazarus_Long @ June 26 2002,04:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I just finished SOF2 last night, I figured I get it over with before OFPR comes out. biggrin.gif   I thought it was pretty fun while it lasted (3 days), but once you've played it, its over.  You can't really compare it with OFP, it's just a different type of game.

The gore is absolutely stunning.  The head alone has like 9 different areas that react differently when you shoot at it.  Jaw comes loose.  Pieces of skull fall off exposing the brain.  Brain is blown out. Head comes off completely while blood keeps squirting out in tune with the still beating heart...and the gurgling death sounds are bone chilling...I was amazed, thrilled and disturbed all at the same time.

Weapons are better than SOF1 but are still pretty lame sounding. AI was actually not bad at all.  Reminded me a little of the AI in MOHAA. As long as you don't play it on the easiest level the AI is really good.  

There you have it: Fun game but short lived.  Here I am, back to OFP in less than a week.<span id='postcolor'>

i wana see the gore in the demo, but i dont. sad.gif

Sounds cool though! smile.gif

enjoy:

To enable the gore in the demo, you need to do the following:

Right click on your desktop shortcut to the single player demo and go to Properties.

The target should say "C:\Program Files\Soldier of Fortune II - SP Demo\SoF2.exe" +set com_multilingual 2 +set sp_language 0

Add +set lock_blood 0 to the target at the end and apply it. When finished, the target should look like this:

"C:\Program Files\Soldier of Fortune II - SP Demo\SoF2.exe" +set com_multilingual 2 +set sp_language 0 +set lock_blood 0

Launch the demo

Bring down the console with SHIFT + ~

Type menu lock and hit ENTER at the console.

Hit ENTER when prompted for a password in the lock menu.

Turn on the gore options.

COLINMAN

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MAsta_KFC @ June 27 2002,04:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hmm i was considering getting Global Ops. Any1 got any opinions on it?<span id='postcolor'>

Amazing game.

I played it since the public Beta version first came out.

The only reason why I stopped playing was because all the servers became loaded with ex-CS freaks.

Dont get the wrong impression by what you read aboutGLOBAL OPERATIONS in the magazines. Fact is that the game has an incredible amount of weapons all to be equipped with laser pointers, double-ammo, whatever. I guess that there is at least 70 weapons, including the newest and haviest AK but also good old small Magnum. There are already 8 different pistols if I remember well (also with silencer or laser pointer if you can afford it). The Ballistic is incredible. I often got shot by bullets that jumped of a wall. The level I played in the demo was one of the best levels I have ever seen in a game. Another advantage is that you must earn the money to buy guns, armor, torches, grenades....

After all I am sad that I bought SOF2, it might be a good game but just doesnt satisfy me sad.gif

IS there anyway I could find someone online to change, someone knows ways to change software?

Thanks Dayglow!!!!It really made me play alot harder to!I just got alittle bloodthirsty, and wanted to see more all over.I wonder if there are any cheats for SOFII demo?I wana try it with like unlimited lives, i mean, its pretty hard for me.And i would like unlimited ammo, and just go around blasting everything.I just kinda hate it, like i just walk down a hall, then before i know it, im dead, when the enemy is right behind me. confused.gif

Off the top of my head you have to set sv_cheats to 1, but it's locked and the way around it is to type in the console 'hash sv_cheats 1'

now god and giveall should work smile.gif

COLINMAN

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DayGlow @ June 27 2002,02:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Off the top of my head you have to set sv_cheats to 1, but it's locked and the way around it is to type in the console 'hash sv_cheats 1'

now god and giveall should work smile.gif

COLINMAN<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">'hash sv_cheats 1'

<span id='postcolor'>

So i have to add that where i had to add set blood lock(i forgot wink.gif ) and add has sv_cheat 1 after that?And then add giveall and god next to hash sv_cheats 1?Thanks for your help so far!

Im kinda getting a wierd feeling after seeing that mans brain whom i killed. wow.gif

I did it in the console when I start a game. You can add it to the config file, I forget which one.

just start a game and pull down the console [sht][`], then type 'hash sv_cheats 1'

then hit enter

then type 'god' and/or 'giveall'

don't use quotes when doing it.

COLINMAN

Oh ok.It works, and thanks again!All though, im kinda getting alittle sickish, looking at those brains when you shoot the guy in the head with the M16(the shorter version which i forgot its name)Or when you shot the guy with the shotgun.Oh man, im getting the shivers. wow.gif