Sign in to follow this  
mpatton

First aid-simulation and weapon pool issues?

Hi all,

I found some weird issues with some editing I've been doing recently...

1) If the first aid-simulation module is running, casualties show up twice. For example, under the map>statistics menu, Casualties: John Doe x2. Wondering if there's any fix? More importantly though...

2) Weapon pool is doubling ammunition and weapons when going from mission to mission. Some friends and I were running a short campaign I made, one of the premises being that the gear we took during the first mission has to last us x amount of missions. I have a single crate (named box) that we put all of our gear into, and then the end trigger includes the pickweaponpool box command.

The following mission has putweaponpool box in the init. line for the crate. What I found was that if we put 1 M4 into the box at the end of a mission, there were 2 in the box in the following mission. This happened with all weapons and all ammo as far as I could tell. Strangely though I think I (the host and squad lead) was the only one who could see the weapons at all, until I took them out and then put them back into the box. Then all the other players could see/take them.

Any thoughts or help on the subject would be appreciated.

Thanks,

mpatton

There's many reasons ArmA hasn't had a co-op campaign for quite some time, that's probably one of them. :) Rather than an actual campaign campaign, you might want to just play out single missions. Instead of using the weaponpool thing have your end trigger dump the contents of the box to the RPT or if you're running it locally just copyToClipboard and paste it somewhere. :)

addWeaponCargoGlobal would get around the "only I can see it" issue.

The first aid thing is probably normal since you're dying and it's just running first aid magic before you respawn/bird. So technically you're dying twice. :)

Hmm...thanks for the clarification on the first aid thing but I'm still a little confused about the weapon pool and copytoClipboard. How would that work, going from one mission to the next? Could I use it to copy the contents of the box, then paste it into the init of the box somehow in the next mission?