Sign in to follow this  
richjones19772000

No connection to multiplayer

Hi Guys

Sorry new to this. When trying to connect to any multiplayer game i get as far receiving the file, then after it downloads i just get thrown back to the lobby?.

I have been playing arma2 reinforcements online with no problem i just can not connect to on arma 2 standard?.

Help please!

Is Reinforcements all you have? Because that doesn't include ArmA2. You'd either have to download ArmA 2 Free or but ArmA2/CO/OA/whatever else.

If you have both it's possible that you're missing a mod or map or something.

Sorry mate no I usually go for domination games, but I also tried warfare and evolution and none of them worked,I did also notice that 2 were Polish 1 German an the rest were English. Any tips for good servers?

I usually go for unit based ones, like 15th MEU, 3rd MD, TFB Charlie since you usually get better teamwork than on some random server.

I usually go for unit based ones, like 15th MEU, 3rd MD, TFB Charlie since you usually get better teamwork than on some random server.

Ok thanks, and would I need mods for those servers? If so what do I need to do? Ideally I just want to jump straight into games without them.

Well, "TF BLACKJACK-CHARLIE" is an open server with no mods needed. "Welcome to the 3rd Infantry Division [3rdID] server 1 - vanilla" is another server that doesn't need mods, has 6 guys on it right now playing Domi. Looks like 15th's servers are still down though.

Try filtering for "blackjack" or "3rdID" in the Host field to find the servers and try them out. Usually really great game play on them.

It depends if you want to be bothered to death by recruitment though, if you walk in with no tags to some of the unit servers they bombarb you with requests, im not saying these guys in particular ^^^ but ive been on some servers without tags to see what other clans are like as far as recruiting goes, it can be fairly atrocious sometimes :/

I think test the waters with some tagged servers, we reinforce teamwork on our servers but there's a line which you don't cross with pubbies because most of the time theyve got back from a long day at work and the last thing they want to hear is "want to join my clan?"