Sign in to follow this  
sky770

Query Regarding - Migrating/Installing ArmA X: Anniversary Edition From ArmaII: Free

Hi all :),

I just bought my boxed copy of ArmA X: Anniversary Edition.

(thanks to Placebo for suggesting me to get it off ZEST (Thailand); delivery was quick and I got it for nearly 1129 Thai Baht (shipping included which alone was 309 baht :O).

Anyways..now that I have it now :D my eyes are on ArmA3 :p

here are few questions that I have:

- I have 4 discs in the box..out of which I found that the one containing the Arma2: OA it also has the BAF and the PMC DLCs.

Is it containing the low textured versions of BAF/PMC? ..is it possible to compress the Operation Arrowhead and both of DLCs in a single DVD..that too full textured?

- I want to save my the settings (keyboard mapping etc.) from my existing install of Arma2: Free. I will be uninstalling arma2: Free but is it possible to retain the settings? Which file do i need to copy/paste?

- same as above but now for "multiplayer maps".. How can I retain them? is it possible to enjoy the same maps of arma2: free on my full install of high textured arma X?

- How should I go about to install things? I do hav limited disk space so i am considering just to install the arma 2 series (only the OA/CO and the DLCs) :)

- What about the updates? should I install the updates for each of them (OA/CO/DLCs) after I have installed all of them?

- Latest update patches that I found out was: 1.60 for Arma2 OA/CO and 1.03, 1.02 (not sure about these, but somewhat like it only) for BAF/PMC.

So should I just apply these one after the another..after installing finishing the regular install of the game?

Any piece of advice will be appreciated,

Regards,

sky770

Edited by sky770
added info about update patches