Sign in to follow this  
cyberjack

funny sound problem - no radio!

hey guys,

i'm new to the forum but not new to cold war crisis/assault. i've been playing it since 10 years ago. recently i've got a copy of ARMA: Cold War Assault and installed it on my machine. my conf is:

AMD Phenom X4 Quad Core 9550 Agena

Gainward 9800gt

2gb RAM

Windows 7 64bit

game runs perfectly but i have a funny problem - i can't, for some reason, hear radio sounds. all other ingame sounds are ok, there is occasional sound flickering in some of the dialogues and sometimes dialogues are very low volume, but when it comes to radio sounds - nothing, just text. even when i go to EDIT PLAYER menu and choose a pitch of the voice of my player, i still can't hear it while tuning.

tried uninstalling and reinstalling, running in various compatibility modes - still the same.

can someone please help me, because hearing no radio sounds really ruins my game experience.

thanks

Are you using any mods? Some mods deliberately disable radio voices to issue commands faster. Make sure your audio settings are fine too in the game options, the radio setting in particular.

nah, no mods. also when i try to alter radio volume in game audio settings instead of "i say again!" radio sample loading, it loads game music... akward i know... :) i uninstalled it and installed operation flashpoint instead of arma - same problem. this haven't happened to me before. i had XP earlier on the same machine and game worked like a charm, and now on Win7 it bugs out the radio.

solved it. apparently problem is that i have 5.1 surround system but only use 3 satelites without rear speakers. so the system was tuned for 5.1, and the voices probably went through the rear which i don't use so that's why i haven't heard it. tuned it to stereo and it works like a charm now. :)