Sign in to follow this  
reppis

Cannot install ArmA2 (win7)

I've tried everything but I can't install ArmA2 properly on windows 7. The game is by 505 Games, bought from Finland. It did install on windows XP years ago without any problems if I remember correctly

I googled hours for info off the internet but none of them helped

I ran the setup off the DVD but the installation failed at the end saying "could not find F:\uninstall.exe" or so. I copied the whole content of the DVD to harddisk and tried again, same error. There was "UNINSTAL.EXE" and "UNINSTAL.CSV", I renamed them to "UNINSTALL.EXE" and "UNINSTALL.CSV" (note the missing 'L').

I ran the setup again, now it went past uninstall.exe, hanged for 10 seconds at uninstall.csv, after that the setup finished normally... started the game and it said "Addon 'CAA10' requires addon 'CAWeapons'", I pressed OK and the game loaded. But everything was missing from the game, at the menu screen it gave error "startup.sqs is missing" or something. I tried editing profile but all the faces were missing, I tried mission editor but there wasn't any islands on the island selection menu.

I disabled firewall and antiviruses, I don't have UAC enabled and I did run setup and game as administrator but no luck. I did 6 re-installs but it didn't help either. I also tried patching with different patches but while patching it gave error something like this: "AIR2.PBO.BI.BISIGN.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code: 1".

My DVD drive firmware is up to date. I tried also cleaning the ArmA2 DVD surface but it didn't help either.

Nothing just seems to work, does anyone have any idea how can I get it to install properly?

Edited by Reppis

Advising people to go the warez route (downloading the game files from any other source than an official reseller) to fix their issues is not allowed! Post removed.

@Reppis

Sorry can not help you with your issue.

I'll try using another DVD drive from my second PC and see if that does any difference. If not, I'll try installing it on vista laptop

Do you happen to have installed Arma 2: Free on the system you are trying to install Arma 2 on?

Do you happen to have installed Arma 2: Free on the system you are trying to install Arma 2 on?

No, I have fresh windows install and haven't installed any ArmAs on this yet.

I try the vista laptop install first, before switching DVD drive. First thing I noticed in the installer is that the filenames are lowercase on vista, on this windows 7 they were uppercase

EDIT: and on vista the filenames "uninstall.exe" is actually "uninstall.exe", not "uninstal.exe" like on this pc

There's a problem with my DVD drive then, I guess?

---------- Post added at 10:09 ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 ----------

Sorry for the double post but it installed now properly on windows 7 when I switched the DVD drive to another and the game works like it's supposed to work.

So I guess the other DVD drive didn't support ArmA2 DVD format or something

Edited by Reppis

I am glad to read you find the cause of your issues and can now properly install the game. Let us know if the game runs ok now :)

I am glad to read you find the cause of your issues and can now properly install the game. Let us know if the game runs ok now :)

Yeah it works good now, nothing is missing and game runs smooth. The patches installed also without errors \o/