Sign in to follow this  
Aculaud

Why does everyone make same equipment

I was just thinking about all the MP missions iv played with the same equipment available to both sides. Maybe i'm crazy, but doesnt this take away from each side having its own unique advantages and disadvantages just a bit?

maybe...but i'd say it magnifies individual player's skill since everyone has same weapons.

I just get annoyed with that. Especially with vehicles.

This one time, i was a west soldier and i had a BMP at my disposal. The mission was some kind of territorial control on this island, so i was in the gunner spot of the BMP shooting anyone i saw on the island with my sabot, but since i was using a BMP it showed as a friendly kill.

That cant be right unless someone scripted it wrong.

If you shoot an empty vehicle that was last occupied by a friendly, it will score it as killing your own equipment.

If you shoot a vehicle that is manned by enemy regardless of wether or not it is an east or west vehicle it will score an enemy kill.

If you shoot an "enemy" vehicle that is manned by friendlies you  will be charged a friendly kill.

If you shoot a vehicle that has not been maned by either side, it will count as a kill if that vehicle is organic to the side you are fighting against. IE. if it is a west vehicle and you are west, and the vehicle has never been manned, you will be charged a friendly kill. If it is east and never manned, and you are on west it will give you an enemy kill.