Sign in to follow this  
Argonb

DLed From Amazon "No entry '.profilePathDefault'." error

When I try to launch Operation Arrowhead shortcut I get the following error "No entry '.profilePathDefault'." The game proceeds to launch but I am taken to a screen with a blue background and a bugged out menu where I cant even see my mouse. Any ideas whats wrong?

After my installation via amazon I currently have Arma and Arma OA in two separate folders on my desktop. When I look in program files I have two options "program files" and "program files (x86)" which I still dont undestand the distinction. In my bohemia folder under "program files" the Arma2 folder exists but not Arma2 OA which is just on my desktop. In "program files (x86)" sits the remnants of Arma 2 free to play that I uninstalled months ago. Anyone know what the hell is going on, this is super frustrating.

I assume you don't know how to combine ArmA II with ArmA II : Operation Arrowhead into ArmA II : Combined Operations, right ?

you can ask this problem here

Enjoy the game :)

Program Files is for 64-bit applications and Program Files (x86) is for 32-bit applications. You have a 64-bit operating system if you have those two folders.

I'm a bit confused with your situation here. Which games do you have installed? ArmA II, ArmA II: Oepration Arrowhead, or ArmA II Free. Please list the ones that you've installed.

I'm having the same issue with my Amazon download from today.

I just did a fresh install of ARMA 2, and then Arrowhead afterward. I have not downloaded any versions, free or otherwise, previously.

That said, I'm having the exact same symptoms as described by the first poster, and am terribly vexed!

Thanks in advance for your time and suggestions.

Go to the directory of your game and try launching it directly via the .exe.

I got it! The files on my desktop were not the game files, as I had thought, but were just the install packages for the two games. I went and found the true executables in the Program Files folder (non x86, where I had previously looked), and they worked perfectly! Whew.

I have the same problem. In fact, the .exe is what's NOT working. The autorun works. For some reason even though I patched to 1.6, only autorun makes it work in 1.6, and the .exe gives me a buggy main menu with no graphics that claims to be version 1.59

I got it! The files on my desktop were not the game files, as I had thought, but were just the install packages for the two games. I went and found the true executables in the Program Files folder (non x86, where I had previously looked), and they worked perfectly! Whew.

ahhh thank you so much

Edited by AtomApple

Now, don't forget to make a shortcut!

netfyu.jpg

---------- Post added at 01:34 ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 ----------

I have the same problem. In fact, the .exe is what's NOT working. The autorun works. For some reason even though I patched to 1.6, only autorun makes it work in 1.6, and the .exe gives me a buggy main menu with no graphics that claims to be version 1.59

Could you please explain what "autorun" you are talking about?