Sign in to follow this  
vulcan

Group get-ins?

Alright,

lets say i have a convoy of 4 trucks grouped together. I have 4 platoons with a get-in waypoint while the trucks have a load waypoint. How do I get the 4 platoons to board the trucks while the trucks stay as a group?

thanks

You can have all the trucks start off seperately, give each one a LOAD waypoint sync'ed with the GET IN waypoint of their respective squad then give the leader truck a JOIN AND LEAD waypoint, all other trucks get a JOIN waypoint and sync them the the leader trucks JOIN AND LEAD waypoint.

So you'll have a board each truck then the trucks should all join the leader truck. Then all the trucks are in one group, all the other waypoints for the truck group add after the JOIN AND LEAD waypoint which you give to the truck leader.

Did that make sense?

Edit: Make sure the truck leader has the highest rank of all the trucks otherwise some weird things might happen. And remember to give the trucks some room to move, the drivers are idiots. wink.gif

could I do this.....

leader activation field

alpha1 = group this

waypoint get-in

alpha1 assignascargo truck4

would that work if the trucks were all in a group from the begining?

No, it dont wanna work for me. I think there is a way, but that one with the group this command is crap.. confused.gif

Then i also think it should be moveincargo, not assignascargo...

Is there a reason why the waypoints won't work?

If you really need to use commands you could put this moveincargo truck1 in the init field of all the units you want in truck etc. But they would be moved there instantly.

You could use a trigger with the condition as true, in the activation field have "_x assignascargo truck1" foreach units group1; group1 ordergetin true, and in the init field of the leader of group1 have group1 = group this.

Edit: typos