Sign in to follow this  
vasf_jeffs

Namespace Issues causing a crash?

I’ve had no problems to date getting my terrain from dem into L3DT and on to visitor 3. Looks great. I was able to get my sat and mask in as well. But when I go to binpbo and try to bring her in game I get all sorts of errors. White ground, crash to desktop, etc. Of course I spent a good part of the evening checking that everything was reflecting the right location i.e. namespace. I redid a couple of the tutorials (thanks sgt.ace and bushlurker) and think I’m screwing up the naming convention.

So here’s the question…

Do your folders look like:

P:

MYTAG\

Project1\

Project2\

Project3\

Or

P:

MYTAG_Project1\

MYTAG_Project2\

MYTAG_Project3\

Any suggestions appreciated.

P:\MYTAG\ProjectName\... (source and data folders go here)

... when you binarize.....

jake1.png

Your "Addon Source Directory" should be...

P:\MYTAG\ProjectName

.and under "options", the "Path to Project Folder" should be simply...

P:\MYTAG

Also - in Visitor..... with your project loaded, go to "Tools/Project Preferences", and make sure the "Folder - Textures" path is...

P:\MYTAG\ProjectName\Data

That'll make sure when you import your Sat & Mask files, it's sliced up into chunks and the chunks are stored an a "Layers" folder at that location.... Binarize will expect to find them there.....

B

Thanks for the reply. The issue was when I was binarizing apparently removing the "hook" was not optional :). Once again attention to detail could have saved me a ton of time.