Sign in to follow this  
b0x0x

Carrier collision model handling

Just wondering if anyone has run into anything like the following (twice in a row for me now)

Scenario 1 - Assault on enemy carrier comes to a close when the enemy carrier steams forward and runs over all walruses, killing them instantly and quicker than it would if it shot them

Scenario 2 - You finally work out how to successfully transport an out-of-gas walrus on the hook, drop it down next to your carrier, only to find that it has dropped "into" the carrier collision model and now can't move. You attempt to move the carrier instead, and it kills the walrus instantly.

Could the collision system be reworked so that collisions "slide" or "push" other objects away from them rather than deal collision damage until they are destroyed? Obviously it would be silly if the carrier ran into a walrus and came to a complete standstill, but surely there is some middle ground here that is more sensible :)

The carrier running over Walruses I can understand (see HMAS Melbourne) however dropping things into the collision model is a problem. I just dropped a Walrus on the deck of my carrier and drove it around for a bit so that seems solid so how'd you drop a Walrus into the model?

Perhaps the best solution is that units executing a docking command don't take collision damage with their own carrier?