Sign in to follow this  
privateydb

spearhead help

i'm on the 'spearhead' tank mission,but i just can't finish it. by the time i take the town and prepare for their counter attack,my forces are so weak we get whipped almost immediately,especially by that d*amn shilka. someone help please!

Watch out for RPG soldiers target them first.

The tanks should be no problem, just remember Rule A and let the others do most of the job.

When you have seized Lolisse repair at the repair truck if necessary. Then hold the city. If

you experience problems with assaulting forces try following tactics.

Go down to the beach and target your enemy. Then move up until you're sure you

have a good shot. Fire and immediately reverse. Continue until all enemy forces

have been eliminated.

http://www.axleonline.com/tt_walkthrough1.shtml (ps somtimes this site crashes)

I killed the shilka by flanking it on its right side and then the rest of my team and I finished off the other tanks.

good to know my work is out there to help ;-)

it's imperative to stay back in this mission

if you are the foremost tank you'll be targeted first by the enemy

be sure to take out the shilka first, you can thereby disable most of the enemies firepower (this AZP is a bugger) with a single sabot round.

cheers fellas,but i found a way around it. i got out after taking out the first RPG Russian troops,then i got back in and headed to Lolisse. Once the counter-attack began,I got out of my M60,ran a bit,hid in the bushes. Once the Shilka got near,I took him out with the RPG i took off the dead soldiers earlier. et voila, i completed the mission... :-)

The most important thing still is to Kill the RPG-Squad with one HEAT shell. The Shilkas and the Tanks are no problem at all when your tank Squad is still healthy. I just call it combined firepower. I even traced down one fleeing T72 and played bait for some incoming units just to let the other M60s kill them.