Sign in to follow this  
Andy1970

moving cargo

hi guys, im scratching my head at this but am getting no where. Can someone please help me?

ive seen a vid on youtube where they drag food & ammo & load it on choppers & trucks. They wernt using the PR game. Ive tried looking on my game but i cant seem to find the key for it. Ive read i must get the sling rope from a box (done), walk over to an object (done), tie sling rope on object using the interaction key (not done as i dont get that option!!!!). what am i doing wrong guys. All i want to do is try moving something large under a chinnok & dragging something like ammo crates / boxes into choppers but i find it soooo hard. Please help me folks

Andy

That sounds like they were using ACE2 for OA. It's a popular total conversion mod for ArmA2. There's a few other "cargo" scripts as well, but the 'interaction key' is from ACE2.

you can drag a lot of things in PR... but this is a mod, which means it's not included in original game... you could pay a visit to www.realitymod.com for further info...

Thanks guys for the replies. i was watching operation thunderstruck on youtube & saw it & thought wow. I have ace2 installed but like a dumb ass i cant use it for some reason. Maybe i should reinstal it! My "apps" key works but not my windows key in arma & no matter how i try i dont get the option to move, drag, load or unload anything. I cant even use the sling rope after taking it from the box. Thats why i was asking as i wernt able to perform the tasks. As you guys can tell im kinda a verb new noob with all this. Anyway, thanks again Robster & Kylania for your help

Andy

To get your button working properly run \@ACE\clippi\aceclippi.exe Then click on the Change manual options button. From the next screen select your player name from the Select your identity: drop down and click Save then close the program and you should be set.

I hold my hands up if I am wrong here, but ages ago I remember a ( no mods vanilla) Domination version were you could hover a heli (chinook/blackhawk?) over cargo and, if you got the position of the heli right (very sensitive), mouse wheel scroll would bring a "pick up cargo" option up and away you went to drop it where needed. Haven't come across this scenario in ages so don't know if things have changed.