Sign in to follow this  
AAF_Eagles_Talon

Odd occurance with walls

Okay, i have an odd problem here, i was trying to make a ceiling for my large fortress

map im working on, so i first racked my brain for a way to flip an object over (because the concrete wall is invisible from the underside as is most everyting else), but i never found a way,

this is how the concrete wall looks when it is spawned:

normal concrete wall

so i decided to just place "this setdammage 1" on the wall and it made the partial effect i was looking for,

distroyed concrete wall (works okay for map)

but when i saved the game and reloaded it, it did something strange to the concrete wall, it flipped it, the very effect i needed in the first place

flipped concrete wall

but try as i might i can't reproduce this effect with anything but a save and reload, is there some way i can create this effect right off the bat, i feebely tried to see what the saved games did for it, but i didn't understand a line, does anyone know how the saved game placed this unit to make it do that, and is it possible to do it in the editor or in wordpad?

thanks

Eagles_Talon

p.s. here is a set of screenshots of the level im talking about...

fortress images

fortress images 2

Wooooaaahh! wow.gif

Don't know about your problem but that looks sooooo Quake.

How long before the release?

This problem im having will not effect this map, im making 3 versions of it, Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, and CTF.

With all the scripting that i have to figure out, it may take me up to a month to realese the beta test of this map, it's going to be intricate as hel*, but this map is an editors nightmare, because i have edit the hights of the z axys manually, so progress is slow going, those screenshots reflect about 4 days of work, but that is like less than 1/6 of the way complete, then i have to make traps (i currently have 1 trapdoor working), and i have to perfect my open and closable doors, which is becoming quite the large task. biggrin.gif

don't worry, it won't take that long for me to finish, i do at least 4-5 hours of work a day on this map.

P.S. after this map, expect more maps like it from me, i have a cool idea for a "underground tunnel map", but how i can achieve a "underground" level is one of my trade secrets biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (AAF_Eagles_Talon @ June 05 2002,22:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i do at least 4-5 hours of work a day on this map.<span id='postcolor'>

You really dont have a life do you?  wink.gif

sad.gif ...at the moment...no....sniff~     biggrin.gif

naa i work on this stuff b4 i go to work in the morning, i just got this cool idea, and i want to finish it sometime in this life...

Guest Titanium

What addons does it require?

sadly...Gunslinger's 1.02, i hate adding addons to my maps, hence why im arguing for more objects in the ofp map editor in that gunslinger thread. this will be my 2nd map, here is a link to my first 1, it is a pretty fun map, it's a CTF, intended for 6-12 players

Trench Warfare it requires kegeyts object files, included in the file biggrin.gif