Sign in to follow this  
Wen

umm is it the normal FPS for my computer?

I'm running CO on an acer 5742G. Very poor result, indeed, even with everything turned down to either low or disabled, the frame rate rarely exceeds 20 FPS, especially so in urban settings.

Here are the specifications:

CPU: intel core i5 M460 at 2.53GHZ.( because it's a laptop I don't want to risk overclocking the CPU)

GPU: Nvidia GT 420M, 1GB of video memory; 500MHz by default and overclocked to 650 MHz.

RAM: 4GB DDR3

All the drivers are of the latest versions. I've included most of the the FPS enhancing addons as well: PROPER vegetation and building (very-low versions), VFFPS, etc. I've got Game Booster 3.1 installed which terminates unnecessary processes when the game is running. Anyway, I've done what I can with my computer, I'd say.

So is it the normal FPS that I should expect? According to the reccomended specifications all I need is a stronger GPU, and considering that the GPU is not so very obsolete and I've overclocked it, it shouldn't be very far away should it?

Could I please have some advice on how to obtain more FPS? I don't care about visual appearance anymore, really. I just want to be able to run it properly. Thank you.

---------- Post added at 12:33 ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 ----------

Oops sorry didn't see the threads on top. Could someone please close the thread?

considering that laptops works at least as double slower than equal desctop 20 fps it good result :)

from my observation acer never makes fast gaming laptops and they sell them much cheaper as well.The good news is according http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GT-420M.35837.0.html you can play any other game on good settings :)

considering that laptops works at least as double slower than equal desctop 20 fps it good result :)

from my observation acer never makes fast gaming laptops and they sell them much cheaper as well.The good news is according http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GT-420M.35837.0.html you can play any other game on good settings :)

That means I can't run it properly, then :( too bad that Steam does not have a refund policy.

thanks for responding, mate.

I've got a Toshiba Satellite A505:

CPU: Intel quad core i3 (M 330) at 2.13 GHz each

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 310M at 512 MB DDR3

RAM: 4GB DDR3

My fps were around 18-20 with low settings. But after changing to AToC=0 in the ArmA2OA.cfg, lowering the res, etc. I now get 30+ even after upping all the other settings.

However, around dense forest and heavy smoke it does drop a good amount.

Yeah 800*600 with all parameters set to "low" or "disabled" :yay:

in for some great visual sensations, aren't we:yay:

nvidia 330m should work double faster as 310m - but not sure if it will be in arma2 as well.