Sign in to follow this  
LeadingCrosshair

Xbox360 Controller, Aircraft Controls?

When compared to the keys "A,D"the barrel rolls are alot faster then the 360 controller. is there a chance i could increase the sensitivity on the analog stick?. Then for free look instead of using the Dpad could i use the left trigger+Left analog to pan around the the aircraft?

Do the in-game settings recognise your controller, if so you may be able to do it from there. I would think that it is best to configure it in your controller software settings though, to be a ‘macros’ setting. I use the ‘Nostromo’ and it has the software to configure everything, not sure if your controller has that ?

I can configure the controller manually but Its weird when i use custom controls the analog speed is different then if i use the built in 360 settings. a barrel roll with the built in 360 controls for arma takes 6 secs with the keys about 3 secs and with custom 360 settings 3.5-4.0 secs. So something is missing there and as for free look ive got no idea how i could use the left trigger mixed with the left analog to pan around when it only gives me one key option per control.

Yes I see what you mean regards the free look, I don’t know if you have tried this; having the left trigger as the button for ‘freelook’ (you did this already) and when configuring your left pad use the ‘delete’ & ‘end’ keys as macro i.e. configure that pushing pad left is pressing the ‘delete’ key on the keyboard, right is the ‘end’ key, then as you push left on the pad you should look left, so pressing and holding the trigger and using the left pad to freelook, whilst the right remains normal movement control. Or am I getting confused myself here and you tried all this already ?

I know you can control the speed of a barrel roll or flying movement with the mouse, but not sure if this will ever be able to swap across to a pad type controller...

Can’t understand why your right trigger won’t fire, just re-bind it via the game controls.. Or have you tried that, does it recognise your controller in the game control menu under controllers?

I have the same issue:

the 360 controller is recognised correctly but the right trigger won´t fire either (maybe because it´s analog, only digit keys work for fire atm).

I´m pretty sure it worked some time ago (haven´t used that controller for ca. half a year :p) but they must´ve 'patched it away' in one of the recent patches :(

btw you have not only one key option per control, you can bind two keys simultaneously for one control also (or double-tap one key) :)

You can happily ignore the text in red if there are no real ingame conflicts.