Sign in to follow this  
nPulse

Anyone using a Logitech G940?

Hi,

I'm using a Logitech G940 but the sim is unflyable with it. The take-offs and landings are hard even in the tutorial mode... I've tried changing deadzones, sensitivities, changed the forcefeedback behaviour. Even turned it off, installed the logitech profiler software again.. But without any luck.

Does someone have the correct sensitiviy settings and deadzone settings? Or any other ideas? :confused:

Thanks! :)

Yes I have the G940 and it worked without any special configuration. What specifically is happening? Is it overly sensitive to your inputs? Is it calibrated in windows?

Yes its calibrated. The joystick is indeed very sensitive. As soon as add just a little collective, the helicopter starts moving in all directions and crashes. I cant get it in a stable hover :(

Is the collective assigned as "collective raise (analogue)" / "collective lower (analogue)" (!!!) in the controls? If not it's either +100, -100 or 0

Thanks for helping me out :)

Yep, I've tried to remap the controls by using the default g940 profiles. But still its way to sensitive to fly with.. It's strange because in DCS:BS it's working just fine. The collective isn't really the problem, I think it needs some sort of damping. Even if I leave the cyclic untouched, add some collective, the helicopter immediately starts moving :/ I wonder how your sensitivities and deadzones are set, and what are your ForceFeedback Control Panel settings for the device?

In Logitech Profiler, Add profile for Take On Helicopter.

Select Joystick and set X-Axis and Y-Axis:

Axis sensitivity - 0% (Yes! 0%)

Deadzone - 0%

Range - 100%

Also same as all Throttle, Rudder and trim axis.

Then you will have smooth movement of all axis.

I have all default settings.

If you select the controller in ToH, then click "customize" then you should have an option to "show" the controller position. For example when I move the joystick forward and aft I see the value change from +100 to -100 linearly. Do you see the same thing?

Edited by jcgam

I have the G940 and here is what I did to make them work correctly with TOH:

1) Set the default curve for all 3 devices.

2) Do not adjust the Sensitivity as it will alter the input curve so that you get a logarithmic effect instead of a liner one which you want these high fidelity controllers.

3) For the Joystick, Set the Dead Zone for X & Y Axis to 0% (You'll need this level of precision if you want to land without using Auto-Hover)

4) For the Throttle, Set Throttle 1 & 2 Dead Zone to 0% as well.

The Throttle is the most important setting as the way the throttle is read from TOH, it's actually 2 different controls: one for up (top half) and one for down (bottom half). If you leave the Dead Zone above 0% then you'll have a large gap with the throttle at center where it doesn't work (again, making landing very difficult).

For the Pedals, I leave them to the default setting. Unfortunately, either because of a defect with mine or the way they being read, I get 100% left, but only 85% right. Also, when I first start the game, I cycle the pedals quickly back & forth to "reset" them or they tend to lose their position and jitter.

One last thing I've noticed is that (as with ARMA 2), the game doesn't appear to read the position of the controls when it starts, but only when the game reads a position change. So if you are given control mid-flight, you may notice that the Aircraft jolts to one direction and you have to move all your controls a bit to get them to register the correct position.

I hope that's something they work on fixing.

Even if I leave the cyclic untouched, add some collective, the helicopter immediately starts moving :/

That's the normal behavior of the game... especially with the medium helicopter, it almost flip on his back if you don't correct it. You can activate the "auto trim" function if you don't like the way it behaves.

That's the normal behavior of the game... especially with the medium helicopter, it almost flip on his back if you don't correct it. You can activate the "auto trim" function if you don't like the way it behaves.

x2

And the KA-50 is a completely different helicopter with coaxial rotor system and no tail rotor. The flying of the KA-50 in DCS is imo easier than flying in TKOH on expert difficulty. The KA-50 has much more auto-pilot and dampening features to reduce the workload for the pilot because it's single seat attack helicopter.

Start with the easiest difficulty and move up from there :)

I have a G940, and my experience is that the heli is very nervous, that could be due to the curves.

But also when trying to rotate the heli with the pedals during hover doesn't work sometimes, it's like it's on a spring, I can turn it a bit and when I zero the pedals it turns back again. I have flown real helicopters myself, and I don't remember that feature...

Suddenly the game starts acting like a helicopter, smooth with cool bankings.

I get the feeling that most flight sims are developed for mouse, keyboards or game-pads, not for joysticks or flight controls, It sounds wrong, but the control says so. Because when i go back to using the keyboard and mouse, it behaves like a helicopter again.

I have to try the curve thing and the logitech Profiler, to see if things is getting better.

/Wiken :)