Sign in to follow this  
randomdude

How can this be possible????

Hello

I have checked ALL folders inside arma 2 and expansions, there is NO map named "GAREL" or anything related to it. How ever, it shows map garel in editor in sigle player, i can even open it. Where the hell does arma 2 get the file, cause there is NO such file in /addons /expansion or /@slx

I really gotta say i'm sick and tired of the whole arma modding. I have been modding games for 8 years, and this is the first time anything is so very very very difficult. I go from one problem to another constantly, it's unbelivable.:mad:

EDIT: Also checked with file search software, there is no such file. Even removed all data from arma 2 documents folder. Where is this stuff stored? In appdata temp?

Edited by randomdude

Try just running the basic game - no mods at all.... If the Mystery island no longer appears, then it's obviously related to some mod or other... if it does still appear, then that is a Definite Twilight-Zone level wierdness.....

B

WTF? There is no map named "Garel" in Vanilla A2, neither in OA.

Never heard from a map called Garel, and i try to test them all.

edit: ninja'd (again)

huoh.. i removed all temp folders in windows. Removed all mods.. checked ALL addons from arma 2 and expansions.. still the map is there in the editor.

Wierdest Thing Ever!!!

Can you post a pic or two? - maybe someone will recognise it... I must admit that - like Baraka, I try to keep abreast of terrain releases in particular, and this one doesn't ring a bell at all.....

B