Sign in to follow this  
randomdude

changeing sea level?

Greetings

I have this problem that i have sat map and island converted from dem data. I would like to raise the sea level of the whole map up 8 meters, to create a clean shoreline. Is there anyway to do this? I used Terrain vertices selection and could not achive this from there. Anyone has any suggestions?

If i would do this manually by lowering small pieces of the island below sea level, the result would be bit ugly + it would take LONG time.

Thanks for reading

Random

You could just re-import the heightfield with a new height range specified in the .pbl, or export to L3DT and remap/rescale vertical heights, then reimport, if you're using XYZ.

You can't "move the water up and down"... it's always at 0m - what you do is move the whole landscape up or down until the water is at the correct level you want...

B

Alright, thanks for help mate. I decided to abandon 10km island, since this will be alot of work i'm going straight for a bigger map. I found 30km island with 4m dem data. Now the problem is that it's too big for arma 2 at that resolution... So going to crop it down to about 20km map with 5m data.

I hope that when arma 3 comes there is no limits to how detailed or high resolution map can be in arma, so those with nasa computers can have some fun.

I have found some 1m dem data, would be awesom to have 20km island with 1m dem resolution, that would be cool.

Thanks for help mate.

Random