Hi, I'm trying to figure out how to have one AI BLUEFOR unit, who is assigned waypoints, not attack a particular OPFOR unit, but still attack others. The BLUEFOR is an Apache on patrol and the OPFOR is a T-72 tank. The tank is my objective and the Apache keeps taking him out.. :mad: I have ACM running and I like the Apache added for immersion :yay:

If you don't need anyone else but the player to take out the T-72, you could just put "this setCaptive true" in its init field. That will make it so that no AI shoots at it.

if you set this in init of tank it will still attack enemys but enemys will not attack him.

this setCaptive true;

maybe its a issue with vehicles if so try this instead:

{_x setCaptive true} foreach crew (vehicle this);

edit: ninjaed :D

Thanks for the quick replies! I will try this. I'm very new to mission editing, but see it's addictive :)

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

A quick after thought.. I don't want to prevent my AI squad mates (AT guy) from attacking it though... :) I wonder is that possible?

no thats not possible afaik, you cant set a unit to enemy for just another single unit.

its all or nothing.

Just remove your AT guy or take his weapon or put him on hold fire.

Just give the Apache Never Fire waypoints. If you want him to start fighting, sync an Engage At Will waypoint with some trigger the player uses.