Sign in to follow this  
emcnally

How do I setup 3 players in a squad when using the warfare module?

Hi,

I've been looking all over trying to figure out how to make a Delta Force group show up in game when using the warfare module. So far only the leader that is linked to the module shows up in game. The other 3 arent there. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I've DEPBO'd about every warfare mission I have found, but they all start with just a squad leader as a group.

Thanks for any help

Go into the editor and synchronize the delta force guys to the Warfare module. That should do it for you.

Edit: Do you want them to be playable or AI? I'm not too sure cause I'm not an expert at this but couldn't you just use the join command after synchronizing them to the warfare module

Edited by koalasalad

Go into the editor and synchronize the delta force guys to the Warfare module. That should do it for you.

Edit: Do you want them to be playable or AI? I'm not too sure cause I'm not an expert at this but couldn't you just buy them. Or you could try using the join command after synchronizing them to the warfare module

Hi,

I tried that and their still not showing up. So far the only way I've gotten them to show is to ungroup them, But I want them all in the same group. Frustrating this is....

Thanks

It worked for me.

Make a playable delta force, synchronize him to the module and name him "unit1" (or anything else)

Then make a trigger:

Activation Radio

On Act:

[unit1] join (group player)

If that's called from an editor placed trigger that poor AI will try to join every player's group since the trigger will run on everyone's client.

Good point Kylania :D

So couldn't you give both the player and the AI a name to solve that problem, like this:

[unit1] join (group player1)

Yeah, or add the trigger dynamically so only the player has it via createTrigger.

Thanks guys, this will work. What I originally started out to do was use a tank platoon but the tanks kept disappearing from under me.

I take that back. They all joined alright, but the tanks wont follow directions. I can tell a tank to go to a specific location, But if I give a formation order or tell them to fall back into formation they wont move or follow me at all.

Edited by emcnally