Sign in to follow this  
Stray Bullet

Dogs of War. After Lopotev, then what?

I've played all the way through Dogs of War and have just delivered Lopotev. I got the message that the "Deal with the Russians" mission was completed.

Cooper says something like "Come on, let's get back to base"..

And then... nothing more. I have no idea what I'm supposed to do next. I keep getting messages about other towns being lost, but after reading some walk-through's I'm under the impression that the Dogs of War mission is over after Lopotev is delivered and the game should give me one of a few endings now.

Any help would be appreciated. :)

Destroy Chedaki base east of Msta village to complete the mission.

Delivering Loptev and Destroying Chedaki base can be done in any order, but both are required.

I usually Destroy Chedaki base as soon as possible to stop new Chedaki units from spawning so CDF and NAPA will crush remaining enemy units wandering around faster. Lopotev can wait.

Edited by Hanzu

Thank you for that, Hanzu! Sounds like great advice to kill off the Chedaki base early. :)

Thank you for that, Hanzu! Sounds like great advice to kill off the Chedaki base early. :)

When destroying Chedaki base. Attack with T-72 from east, switch to gunner, zoom in with plus key and start to hammer HQ with sabot rounds from the distance. Stay behind tree line which will protect you from some enemy rockets. After that destroy two other buildings to get confirmation that enemy is wiped out. Each building takes about 5-20 hits before destruction depending on ammunition used. Try to maintain hull down position by using the hill you just climbed up from east.

If you are skilled and lucky you could drive there with fast vehicle plant a satchel, drive away and blow up HQ.

Some of you could use assault helicopter too, but to get helipad takes so much money and time that enemy has got much stronger by that time.

Some of you could use assault helicopter too, but to get helipad takes so much money and time that enemy has got much stronger by that time.

And the Hind has a glitchy little problem where a single 14.5mm round in the rotor shuts it down, in a map swarming with BRDMs.