Sign in to follow this  

Bush unpopular in berlin

Hey, wait, are you now saying I am the scientology spy here?  tounge.gif How rude!! That was my rethorical weapon, not yours!  biggrin.gif

No, in reality I am their financial advisor  tounge.gif (just kiddin)

The world unites under the banner "Scientology is Evil!"

Geesh...can anyone...I mean ANYONE tell me what the appeal to the church is?? Sounds like they sucker in the weak-minded or emotionally wrought. Maybe they use mind tricks.....

*/dork mode on*

.............maybe we are witnessing the birth of the Sith.

*/dork mode off*

Hah, they actually got the best business in the world! They sell air & nonesense for lots of money. I wish I would have had that idea.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Geesh...can anyone...I mean ANYONE tell me what the appeal to the church is?? Sounds like they sucker in the weak-minded or emotionally wrought. Maybe they use mind tricks.....<span id='postcolor'>

That is EXACTLY what they do. They prey on the desire most people have to believe in something...to make their lives better. And then they suck you dry of all your money.

Plus they will do anything to discredit anyone who dares to disagree with them. They are the masters of the spurious lawsuit.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hah, they actually got the best business in the world! They sell air & nonesense for lots of money. I wish I would have had that idea.<span id='postcolor'>

AS, are you a sub-par pulp sci-fi writer? I thought not wink.gif Besides, I am assuming that you have at least SOME morals wink.gif

They are pretty powerful though. A couple of years ago a company in Sweden wanted to publish their 'bible'. According to Swedish law they had the right to publish it (freedom of the press). USA complained officialy agains that (big scientology lobby I guess).

The Swedish government didn't want to take up a fight with US so the whole thing went to the supreme court. The supreme court said that it was ok to publish it.

Then USA threatend to cut all diplomatic relations with Sweden. The Swedish government acted and managed put some form of veto, so it was never published. So much for democracy sad.gif

My morals are called DOLLARS dollar.gifdollar.gifdollar.gif, Baby! tounge.gif

No, of course you are right! And they also use lots of famous actors (that of course dont have to pay anything) to promote their organisation. Tom Cruise has been sucked in for life-time.

Still, I would love to once watch those "how to improve your miserable life with clean thoughts" wannabe classes, where you have to jump on one leg, shout at each other, read odd stuff and dance in a circle with flowers in your hair.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ May 24 2002,16:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Saddam`s fridge is probably the only one in Iraq that is always full.<span id='postcolor'>

So true!

The sanctions only affect his people, not him. They are the ones made to suffer.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ May 24 2002,19:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">They are pretty powerful though. A couple of years ago a company in Sweden wanted to publish their 'bible'. According to Swedish law they had the right to publish it (freedom of the press). USA complained officialy agains that (big scientology lobby I guess).

The Swedish government didn't want to take up a fight with US so the whole thing went to the supreme court. The supreme court said that it was ok to publish it.

Then USA threatend to cut all diplomatic relations with Sweden. The Swedish government acted and managed put some form of veto, so it was never published. So much for democracy sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

We did? Why would the US care if the Scientology book was published? Hell it was number one here forever, though I hear its because the church itself buys up tons of copies to keep it up there.

Jesus thats retarded! Let em print it. What business is it of ours. The smart ones (or not gullible I guess?) will see it for the scam that it is.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hardliner @ May 24 2002,19:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif0--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ May 24 2002,16wow.gif0)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Saddam`s fridge is probably the only one in Iraq that is always full.<span id='postcolor'>

So true!

The sanctions only affect his people, not him. They are the ones made to suffer.<span id='postcolor'>

Agreed.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ May 24 2002,19:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My morals are called DOLLARS dollar.gifdollar.gifdollar.gif, Baby!   tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

My GOD! It all makes sense now! I thought that you were taking the American side earlier in the thread because of your loyalty to Germany. I was *wrong* it was because of your loyalty to this man:

newpres.jpg!!

You even say $$$ instead of €€€!

biggrin.giftounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ May 24 2002,19:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No, of course you are right! And they also use lots of famous actors (that of course dont have to pay anything) to promote their organisation. Tom Cruise has been sucked in for life-time.

Still, I would love to once watch those "how to improve your miserable life with clean thoughts" wannabe classes, where you have to jump on one leg, shout at each other, read odd stuff and dance in a circle with flowers in your hair.<span id='postcolor'>

The problem is that the truly entry level stuff...once they've got you in the door, is pretty much elementary mind control. So once you get to the really weird stuff, they already have you. sad.gif

Travolta is also a Scientologist. Once you've read some stuff about Scientology...it makes you look at a movie like Phenomenon in a whole different way confused.gif

http://www.xenu.net/archive/events/zenon/

Is that the case you were talking about? It wasn't the US it was the Church itself and some "Pastor X". Haven't seen anything about severing diplomatic ties.

It looks like the California court system was involved as well (stupid California), but I guess that is because the Church is based there with the other nuts and freaks.....hehehe.

I must say what he did was pretty funny and pretty smart, introducing all the documents into the court record where they couldn't be sealed and were publically available biggrin.gif

hehehe

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Akira @ May 24 2002,19:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">http://www.xenu.net/archive/events/zenon/

Is that the case you were talking about? It wasn't the US it was the Church itself and some "Pastor X". Haven't seen anything about severing diplomatic ties.

It looks like the California court system was involved as well (stupid California), but I guess that is because the Church is based there with the other nuts and freaks.....hehehe.

I must say what he did was pretty funny and pretty smart, introducing all the documents into the court record where they couldn't be sealed and were publically available biggrin.gif

hehehe<span id='postcolor'>

Here is what I am talking about:

Slashdot article

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The Swedish High Court upheld the ruling today in the case of Scientology vs Panoussis, where Scientology accuses Panoussis of copyright infringement of religious trade secrets. Panoussis believes the public should be warned against Scientology, and is therefore trying to legally publish various materials that would warn people against Scientology. He is the guy that submitted the secret OT's to the Swedish parliament, which caused quite a diplomatic incident when the US interfered with the Swedish legal system because the Swedish Offentlighetsprincip then caused these documents to be available to everyone, but has also done other things as reported by slashdot such as protecting the Flashback site as reported by slashdot before.

Having lost now means that apart from needing to pay the (minimal) damages of $2000 for copyright infringement, he needs to pay an additional $40,000 on legal costs for the Scientology lawyers, on top of the $150,000 of legal costs that were the results of the previous episodes in this court case.

There was a minority opinion from one of the judges. She regards the OTs to have been legally published, something Panoussis focussed on in this case, because in Europe, the right to 'fair use' depends on the texts having been published. Panoussis has already appealed to the Supreme Court.

Regardless of which party is right, this case shows clearly that anonymity is a right you need, to fight the denial of services practices that large institutions apply towards individuals in the current legal systems. Though Panoussis will disagree with me on this. He has always told me that if you believe in something, you should be willing to make the sacrifice, or as he put it, you need to defend freedom, and not take it for granted, but I can't help but feel that it should not be necessary for one person to sacrifice his life for other people's freedom.

<span id='postcolor'>

Or more here:

Panoussis vs Scientology

Yeah thats the same case.

I was reading that second link actually when I came back here to look for replies biggrin.gif

Where is the part about severing diplomatic ties?

Ah...she mentions a "diplomatic row"....how sad...trade embargo?

Jesus that is just fuckin' amazin'.

Its clear now. The Church must be destroyed and its cronies in government "taken care of".

On behalf of my government (ok really just me) I have got to apologize....that is the stupidest thing I have ever heard!!