Sign in to follow this  
Cumboy

New cumboy aviation mission

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lazarus_Long @ May 23 2002,17:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The tutorial in the briefing explained how it worked adequately.  It's a sweet script.  Is it your own creation, or did you get it at OFPEC?  I can think of a million uses for it.<span id='postcolor'>

No its not from OFPEC, custom made script especially for this mission...anyone is welcome to use it in whatever mission though. smile.gif

I'm glad everyone likes the mission (well nearly everyone). I don't think anyone else has made a OH-58D mission yet, so it was a daring enterprise. I guess people really do see more in OFP than shooting other people in the face.

It received a review at opflashpoint.org where Hangfyre said..

"What lets this map down a little is the Intro. While it does built the story, it's rather staid. Needs a little spicing up."

Can anyone else comment on the intro? What do I need to fix up (besides voices and I know we all want that)

Oh what does eveyone think of the cutscenes/outro.....any other features that haven't been mentioned. Just like to know what people like...

I STILL cant DL the mission, I click on Addy provided and i get bounced all over the Web site, but no Mission. WTF?

can some one pack it up ans Email ICQ it to me?? confused.gif

i think the intro is catchy and realistic. great work!

If you haven't noticed, the Hunter-Killer mission got a 7/10 rating at OFPEC. You can DL it from there, too.

Personally, I rate this mission 8.5. smile.gif

Thanks avonlady smile.gif

To receive credit from a OFP celeb like you is nice...

I have voiced my objections to Mike_Beil concerning the CHQ review. I think he ordered it fixed, though little was changed. The reviewer (Forsaken) I think lacks the ability to satisfy his position. He doesn't seem able to construct an English sentence properly and concentrated more upon who I was than the actual quality of the mission. His obvious bias towards certain mission types also greatly affected the review and left the whole result under-cutting what I think is one of the best OFP missions yet. I think he was just out to pick problems in it from the start once he heard it had been written by me.

I wish people would embrace the potential of OFP instead of just giving high marks to hour-long cutscenes and adding to the already flooded 'Spec-ops' missions market.

I am also going to release a 1.2 version with the swearing taken out (I don't think everyone liked it) and adding custom voices....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Cumboy @ June 02 2002,12:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I wish people would embrace the potential of OFP instead of just giving high marks to hour-long cutscenes and adding to the already flooded 'Spec-ops' missions market.<span id='postcolor'>

I have to say I agree with you wink.gif May be becasue I suck at spec ops missions biggrin.gif

Any way, just played your hunter killer mission. Very nice, this is what aviation in OFP should be like smile.gif It tool me 36 hours though biggrin.gif (thats what the debrief said), and it was fun dodging some of those AA missiles, although you don't really see them till the last minute.

I like the the way you put 3 sepeperate missions in one, I couldn't find a repair truck, so I thought I was done for, tounge.gif but the chopper was repaired in time biggrin.gif .

Good stuff! Hope to see more avaition missions like this.

PS. Have you had a try of my mission steel rain? I know it got 2/10 at ofpec, but fair enough, I think a trigger didn't activate or the reviewer missed a WP.

The SU25 mission?

That was great! Can't understand why it received a 2...no wait I know why....most of the reviewers are biased towards a certain type of mission and don't often put a lot of effort into their reviews (some obviously don't even warrant correct spelling wink.gif)

My guess is that the WP before the landing (the GET OUT WP, which ended the mission) was missed by the reviewer. I placed it as a finals WP to line the player up for a landing, but the problem never came up in the beta tests. Oh well, as long as I know that most people are able to finish it smile.gif and folks enjoyed it, I'm happy  biggrin.gif

Edit: It could have been the auto landing system, I never really tried that out. I guess I expected those who play this sort of missions to land the aircraft manually.

Hey cumboy do you regret what you did a while ago to OFPEC? And, in case you haven't noticed OFPEC has FAR outlasted the 6 months lifespan you predicted.