Sign in to follow this  
EvilErny

United States Department of State

department-of-state-logo2.png

I hate to see peoples plans fail. I have noticed a serious number of PMC units go down the drain, yet with the total number of units out there it seems that if some of them were to get together then you could have a nice sized PMC with activity.

So, here is my proposal.

- USDoS is not a realism unit. It is designed to bring PMC's together into either a single unit, or to arrange multiple PMC's into a single mission.

- USDoS could privide evaluation on strong points of the PMC and try to sell it to realism units for joint ops.

- USDos would provide a list of "freelance contractors". These are people that have proven themselves to be worthy soldiers yet cannot join a specific PMC due to scheduling conflicts (ie they are in a military based realism unit already) but wish to "make some money on the side."

- I cannot provide missions, a server or TS, that is still up to the PMC's. What I can provide is organization for the Companies.

If anyone is interested in this please contact me at ben1_506@yahoo.com

I will also need administrators to continue while I'm gone.

I thought I would add a section as to why I think that PMC's have a tendency to fail.

My statements come from the fact that I have real life experience involved with PMC's. I have never been one, but will be soon actually. I have worked with them and I have developed a love and understanding in what they really do. Granted the Arma2 campaign in my opinion was not great by any means but that should not discredit the community of PMC's.

A large part of it is lack of knowledge and imagination. Most people tend to think that PMC's only run convoys, prisoner protection, check points etc. That is "generally" true. There are PMC's out there that handle laundry, cook food, and run fuel points. That's not what Arma 2 PMC's are about. There are elite PMC companies that hire ex-Snipers, SF, Force Recon, Para-Rescue, SEAL's etc. They run missions that parallel Special Operations in hotspots all over the world. You have to realize that military politics gets really old after a while and why put up with that crap when you can get out, hire on with a PMC and get paid a lot more to do the same thing.

A lot of units won't allow their players to pack certain weapons as it's not "realistic". For an active duty realism unit that's fine but for a PMC you are provided a certain amount of freedom. Granted, availability of vehicles is limited but what PMC's have is more than sufficient for what they do.

Uniforms. In a PMC, you should (within reason) be allowed to pick your own outfit.

Professionalism. Elite PMC's as mentioned before is extreme professionalism. Same work, less support, hand picked individuals with custom kits, twice the challenge. These are not weekend warriors but the cream of the crop. A PMC should reflect that.

Run a custom, "How it all began" campaign. Start your guys off with AK's, M4's and M16's with only minimal optics. As the campaign progresses, reward the PMC with additional weapons and equipment, vehicles, etc. based on how they perform. Make them feel like they have earned what they carry.

Find players that are interested in PMC's but do not want to be in one "full time". Hire them on on a contract basis and as they prove their worth, allow them positions in better teams as time moves on. DO NOT TREAT THEM AS SECOND RATE! They are a part of the team after all.

Be active in the community. Work as a team, help people. Let it be known that you are a PMC. Talk to realism units. See if they would be amenable to working with PMC's. Just realize that you are on their turf, so their rules. A note on that. There are civilians out there that are attached to military combat units that act as an observer. They fight with unit A and before the unit A redeploys and is releaved by unit B, that civilian goes back to unit B in the States and gives them realistic intel about the sector that they are going into. That is another role of a PMC Operator.

These are just some thoughts. I honestly believe that PMC's could be a fun and exciting part of the Arma2 community. They are an active part of the military today and far more common than anyone realizes. You would be shocked as to the number currently deployed in Afghanistan right now. I believe that PMC's should be thought of as another part of Arma2 units. Not the bastard children.

This post was edited by evilerny506 (2011-05-18 19:09, 31 seconds ago)

Copied from Armaholic.