Sign in to follow this  
Chummana

Cant get to Install

edit-I named the title wrong.Its installed but when hit play button the following error...X3D Audio 1_6 dll not found.

Hello,Im having all sorts of trouble installing this game and cant figure out for the life of me how to fix it.

It all starts with X3D Audio 1_6 dll.After installation I click play and I get this error.So I DLDd the file and installed it.New error pops up d3dx9_41.dll was not found.Im not that good of a computer tech guy but I thought I had latest version of DX.Other thing is...other games I have work fine.

If someone can point me in the right direction thatd be great.Id hate to take the game back but I cant be bothered by messing with installing it for much longer.

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 AM ----------

also...I had the game installed and ready to hit play...thats when I got the audio error.DLd X3D audio and now it says I dont even have the game installed anymore.This is from a physical copy of the game.I did find a few posts on these forums about similar problems but I couldnt find any help.Like I said Im great with troubleshooting...

Edited by Chummana
misnamed title

Download the latest version of DirectX, which you can find here, and install it. That will solve those problems. :)

Thanks alot for the help and quick reply.

Oops,forgot to say...I tried that and it says not compatible with my version of windows.I have windows xp and did all the updates so that has me thrown for a loop also.

Ah, okay. That's because Windows XP only supports up to DirectX 9, and that download is for DirectX 11. In that case, download & install this instead.

Right now Im re-installing the game and I dld the feb 2010 DX and thought Id try that?

The link I posted is the latest version of DirectX 9, released in June 2010. ;)