Sign in to follow this  
Kyle_K_ski

Can't reload prior saves "deleted" messages...?

I'm new to Arma 2, so please forgive my newbness in advance.

As far as I know, all of the required addons have been installed, and I'm using ArmA 2 Launcher for launching all of the mods that are required for the two custom-campaigns I've tried playing, which are:

GRIT (Ghost Recon Island Thunder)

and

SoV (Soldiers of Valor)

For each of these, when I try to reload a previous save, I end up receiving an error message along the lines of...

...deleted.vilas_rw_forces

and I can't play the campaign's mission unless I start COMPLETELY over, which is a huge time consumer that I can't afford if I ever want to finish a campaign.

Something's up. I mean, if each of the campaign's starting missions with no issues, only to give me an error report that a downloaded and necessary file is SUDDENLY "...deleted...," well, how's it possible for me to completely restart the campaign from the very beginning and have it work with a file that's supposedly "not" there because it was "deleted?"

I've received other errors that I also don't understand, and I wonder if they could make it impossible to reload a mission from a saved point? Here's one that I think could be a culprit...

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgFactionClasses/PMC_jin.priority

I'm also trying these mods out with Group Link 4 activated. On the very first startup screen, it tells me that

Script UserConfig\GL4\GL4_Core.sqf not found

Yet when full GUI comes up, it proudly states at the lower middle of the screen that Group Link 4 is working. What the...? Yet this "GL4_Core.sqf not found" error pops up at nearly every screen's opening. I just click on through it, to find that the mission plays fine and the AI is seriously kicking my butt, so I know that GL4 is working.

I've read references to checking out a "rpt" file whenever one's system goes kaput, but the directions to find it were only supplied for Win. XP, and I have Windows 7 Professional Edition. I'm also running ArmA2 Combined Operations, if that would have any bearing on what the "rpt" file would be called.

And one more question, this time regarding the ArmA 2 Launcher. Why is it that after I delete a mod's folder from ArmA 2's directory, and then have the Launcher re-scan to update its mod listing, that it's STILL showing the names of files that I deleted? How can I update the ArmA 2 Launcher so that its listings of mods is accurate?

Thanks in advance!

:)

That first error means you're either missing an addon, or that addon is causing that error to appear. The reason it still shows the error about said missing addon is because addon dependencies are written into the save game files to ensure that when you load the save game, things will not break. I believe the addon you're looking for in this case is vilas' Russian Weapons pack.

The second error is from you installing GL4 without copying the userconfig folder included with it into your Arma 2 directory.

Questions regarding your Arma 2 launcher should be asked in its respective thread on these forums. If it's Alpinestars', as I understand it to be, you'll find the thread for it here. If not, then use the search function to locate it.

Thank you Zipper5 for your input, and your advice regarding as to what the missing files are likely to be. I'll make some changes tomorrow night, as it's too late for me to do any gaming at all today.

I checked out Alpinestar's ArmA II Launcher, and it's definitely different looking from what I'm using now. I'm going to give that one a try. Thanks for the tip on that as well!

Good night!