Sign in to follow this  
c-rock

Solution to MP CO-OP SAVES!!!

Hello!

So I've been messing with save files for quite some time trying to make my co-op save files work (I still can't figure out why patches DO NOT address this issue). Anyway, I found a solution that has worked 5 of 5 times that I've tried tonight. It's a bit of work and a bit of a pain but it works! I can finally finish Arma 2 in Coop and it only took 2 years to figure out how to make the save files work...

So, here's what I've been doing:

Open this folder and keep it open while you're playing (Arma 2 Save file):

C:\Users\"User Name"\Documents\ArmA 2\Saved\ca\missions\campaign

There are two files that you should NOT TOUCH during this process:

object.sav

campaign.sqc

Now, whenever the game autosaves, Alt+Tab to the save games folder and delete:

autosave.roles.Arma2Save

mpautosave.Arma2Save

Those two files carry a time and date stamp that should record the time and date that they were saved (obviously). I'd recommend that through this process, you create a folder within the save files directory to maintain back-ups, if you want.

A backgrounder: for some reason (I'm in Bitter Chill) autosaves force you to restart the mission. On top of this, whenever you load a game, you're sent back to the main host screen and only have the choice to "resume" rather than actually load your game. "Resume" loads the latest save file if you revert from inside the mission, so here's what you do...

Once the autosaves are deleted (make sure you always delete the autosave, you can save as a "user save" as many times as you'd like. Whenever you create a user save, the following files are created:

mpsave.ArmA2save

save.roles.ArmA2save

A counter is applied to the files as you continue to save (for example, your second savegame will be "mpsave2" and "save2" but again, these two files will carry the same time & date stamp.

Next, pick whatever game you want to load. If the game does not load back to your save points or it somehow gets messed up, then you'll have to:

1. Alt+Tab to the save game file

2. Delete every file except for the 4 that you need to run, specifically:

mpsave.ArmA2save

save.roles.ArmA2save

object.sav

campaign.sqc

*The time/date stamp doesn't matter for the last two files, as I believe they are created and remain the same from when you begin the campaign -- just make sure that the first two are the same time/date.

3. Alt+Tab back into the game and you should have only your selected user save available to load. "Revert" back to that game. It'll likely send you back to the setup/host screen but when you hit "resume" and start the game, the save should bring you back to the correct point.

Hope this helps! Sorry it's so long winded but this has been driving me crazy until just today and now that I have a working solution, I'd like to share it with others. I'm sure you're as frustrated as I am that a game with so much potential can STILL be broken after so many patches...

Enjoy! Message me if you'd like more info.

-- C-Rock

Edited by C-Rock
focused the title

It only works on missions with save option like in the Campaign. Not really a

Solution to MP CO-OP

You're right, TeilX...

I've edited the title of the post to reflect this.