Sign in to follow this  
-BA--Cpl-I-RZ#

Multiplayer problem - can't connect

Hi, I have recently been trying to connect to other internet games through Gamespy Arcade. Operation Flashpoint manages to start fine but when it comes up to the waiting screen or where you choose sides, I cannot see mines or anyone elses names but chat-text still appears. It takes ages to actually finish connecting but when it nearly does connect, it will say "Session Lost" at the top-left corner of the screen. I have the following specs:

Pentium III 550MHz processor(Overclocked 2MHz to 552MHz)

128Mb RAM

VooDoo 3 3,000 PCI 3D Card

SoundBlaster Live! Sound Card

Conextant 56.6K PCF Modem

CTX VL700 Monitor supporting resolutions up to 1280x1024

Microsoft Windows 98

48x CD-ROM Drive

Internet Explorer v5.5

AOL v7.0

There is probably a bit too much info here but I hope it will help. Thanks biggrin.gif . I'm just getting really annoyed mad.gif with it.

The thing is, it didn't use to do this before. By the way, I'm thinking of upgrading my modem anyway...which is best? ADSL, T1 or Cable

Cable IS faster, then ADSL, T1 is more faster then cable.But ADSL has some advantages over cable and vice versa.I have AT&T cable internet, and am very happy with it.All though it is $50 normal, i get it for $5 cause i get an employe discount.So i would say cable, all though thats just me lol. smile.gif