Sign in to follow this  
stilton

Noo.. Dont walk off the roof...

[edit - Damn this was intended for the arma2 forums :s ]

Hi,

I managed to make a mission that had a rooftop littlebird insertion with some AI, onto a building that has movement-routes or whatever the official term is for it..

But on disembarking the littlebird the AI's ability to keep up and recognise where it is seems hit and miss.. the first guy who gets off the chopper usually walks down the stairs but the rest seem to just take the closest route to the ground, over the edge..

I was just curious if anyone else had experienced this and knew of a way to get around it?

Also i was considering playing with the unitcapture command but if the AI's then going to go lemmings-style off the edge of the roofs there's no real point in choreographing lots of cool looking rooftop landings lol.. Other than the fun :)

cheers if anyone has any ideas!

Edited by Stilton

I would try forcing them to walk to a certain building position, not sure that it will work, but I would try this.

To do this in the editor, place a "move" waypoint on the house and select the wanted building position.

To find out which building position you want, place yourself in the editor + one AI in your squad. Go inside the building, select your AI and aim at different positions in the building. You will see the names of the positions.

It is also possible to do it with scripting, although I don't remember how. I am sure the answer to that is in the wiki.

Good luck!